Alt's never stop coming

Sarah36 Islay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Last year I banned this group of alts from my club.  Now I have started a new club, I noticed one guy standing in the background for over a hour.   Very soon he was controlling his alts on my dancefloor as I reconized a few and some were a green cloud where I blocked them before. All these I ejected and banned again. I often wonder if I'm too strict with alts, because the more you ban the more seem to come. I just hate people cheating on the contest board - feeling if they are robbing me and my genuine members. WIth my many long years of being a club owner - alts are easy to spot in most cases.

2 answers to this question

Most people who say they can always spot an alt are legends in their own mind.

But I agree with you that people who keep sending you alts to annoy or grief or scam you or your patrons deserve to be banned.  Your only course of action is to just keep right on doing it.

• Like 1

As a DJ, when I arrive at a club and start my set one of the things I look for is the "Attached" to my stream count. This tells me the number of people in the club actually listening to my show.

If I see a low number of unique attachments and a large number of non-unique [as my scripted software reports listeners with duplicate IP Addresses] I let the on site manager know and I ask are we using management accounts to boost out numbers a bit?  I don't have an issue with this but if we don;t then I will mention that we may have someone parking a large number of ALTs here for some reason.

What the manager does with this information is up to them.

I just know to be more vigilant when I walk into this kind of set.

Most of the time nothing comes of this but a few times the gut feeling is correct about trouble makers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.