Jump to content
Lord Derryth

How do you get un-banned for bad review on product

Recommended Posts

It's been a year since I've given a product a bad review on the market place and the creator still has me banned.  I have a ton of their products and spent quiet a few lindens on their products.  One bad review got me banned from their sim and products.  Is there a way to avoid this abuse by creators and get unbanned?  Review is an opinion correct?  There's nothing in the terms of service that says "you are to always give good reviews about a product even if it's bad".  O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speak to the owner of the company--- business usually just don't ban people without a valid reason-- seems like there is more to the story----Good Luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lord Derryth wrote:

One bad review got me banned from their sim and products. 

Nothing to be done about being banned from a sim; that's completely* up to the sim owner.

On the other hand, if they are denying you use of the products you've purchased, you may have RL legal recourse. You'd need to talk to a lawyer, and so realistically the stakes would need to be many thousands of US$s, but the ToS wouldn't seem to protect merchants from being taken to court for outright swindling.

_____

*Well, "completely" up to the point where it damages the Lab. Maybe not if a sim owner were to  exhibit a pattern of intolerance associated with a particular race, religion, etc., to such an extent that media coverage actually hurt LL's business. Hard to imagine it actually happening, but just to be clear that it's not only individuals who have no inherent rights to access sims; also sim owners have no inalienable right to ban folks just because they're paying tier; it's not the Libertarian's wet dream that moral rights are bought on the free market of sim ownership, but rather it's simply that LL knows that land sells better when it comes with the general ability to ban unwanted guests.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was banned because I gave 3 stars to a product that was misleading.  He messaged me asking for me to remove it.  I refused.  He gave me a refund (which I never asked for) and told me I was banned from his products and I will receive no updates.  I need an update for a security orb and a few other products.  It's not fair that there's a review feature on the market yet we can't be honest about it and get bullied by creators.  There's no more story to it, this is it.  Just a creator ticked off about a bad review.

 

It was a phone that can handle huds.  It had a lot of features.  The only problem was, he never mentioned that the features would be in the future.  So I purchased the product thinking those features where in there.  I told him he needs to correct his advertisement.  I basically put in the review that it was a lie and that the product did not have those features.  When the features are released, you have to pay for them separately.  An empty phone with future features to pay for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lord Derryth wrote:

I was banned because I gave 3 stars to a product that was misleading.  He messaged me asking for me to remove it.  I refused.  He gave me a refund (which I never asked for) and told me I was banned from his products and I will receive no updates.  I need an update for a security orb and a few other products.  It's not fair that there's a review feature on the market yet we can't be honest about it and get bullied by creators.  There's no more story to it, this is it.  Just a creator ticked off about a bad review.

 

It was a phone that can handle huds.  It had a lot of features.  only problem was, he never mentioned that the features would be in the future.  So I purchased the product thinking those features where in there.  I told him he needs to correct his advertisement.  I basically put in the review that it was a lie and that the product did not have those features.  When the features are released, you have to pay for them separately.  An empty phone with future features to pay for.

I thought I had read a previous thread by you about this where you went into greater detail but all I found were these comments.

I'm curious, did you write the bad review before or after contacting the Merchant?  (I do think I know who it is).  Some people may jump on you for not contacting them first though I know nothing obligates you to.

@Pamela.  Problem here is that Lord has multiple products that require web support and he has been cut off for all of them.  Personally I don't like any products that require web support.  We've seen complaints from other people with other products who have been cut off after a disagreement with the Merchants.  Also there has been the ongoing problem people have had with a certain animators products which are still for sale but don't work because his web service has been dead for a while.

But talking in general, as far as SL goes LL probably will do nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Lord Derryth wrote:

I was banned because I gave 3 stars to a product that was misleading.  He messaged me asking for me to remove it.  I refused.  He gave me a refund (which I never asked for) and told me I was banned from his products and I will receive no updates.  I need an update for a security orb and a few other products.  It's not fair that there's a review feature on the market yet we can't be honest about it and get bullied by creators.  There's no more story to it, this is it.  Just a creator ticked off about a bad review.

 

It was a phone that can handle huds.  It had a lot of features.  only problem was, he never mentioned that the features would be in the future.  So I purchased the product thinking those features where in there.  I told him he needs to correct his advertisement.  I basically put in the review that it was a lie and that the product did not have those features.  When the features are released, you have to pay for them separately.  An empty phone with future features to pay for.

I thought I had read a previous thread by you about this where you went into greater detail but all I found were

I'm curious, did you write the bad review before or after contacting the Merchant?  (I do think I know who it is).  Some people may jump on you for not contacting them first though I know nothing obligates you to.

@Pamela.  Problem here is that
Lord
has multiple products that require web support and he has been cut off for all of them.  Personally I don't like any products that require web support.  We've seen complaints from other people with other products who have been cut off after a disagreement with the Merchants.  Also there has been the ongoing problem people have had with a certain animators products which are still for sale but don't work because his web service has been dead for a while.

But talking in general, as far as SL goes LL probably will do nothing.

I do remember another thread about a phone, someone misunderstood what they were buying. Is this a continuation of that? 

I admit I skimmed over his post and missed about getting updates for other products. If the purchase price included all future updates, then he should get them, of course. People should get what they pay for, in most cases. However when someone uses support requests as an opportunity to be so abusive they earn a block,  they may find themselves without support. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For correcting things that are wrong I always approach the creator inworld first so they can rectify it and give them a chance.  Stuff happens like you might be half asleep making the products in the narrow time frame in your RL and missed something. I have done that a few times too much to my embarrasment.

I think in fairness though just like eBay if the creator makes an attempt to rectify something you should remove it as there is a lot of hard work in the products and some could take months to make. As for getting unbanned thats between you and the creator/merchant but I would contact them directly. A bad review might cost somebody hundreds or thousands of US$ that's why there might be stress on their end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Pamela Galli wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Lord Derryth wrote:

I was banned because I gave 3 stars to a product that was misleading.  He messaged me asking for me to remove it.  I refused.  He gave me a refund (which I never asked for) and told me I was banned from his products and I will receive no updates.  I need an update for a security orb and a few other products.  It's not fair that there's a review feature on the market yet we can't be honest about it and get bullied by creators.  There's no more story to it, this is it.  Just a creator ticked off about a bad review.

 

It was a phone that can handle huds.  It had a lot of features.  only problem was, he never mentioned that the features would be in the future.  So I purchased the product thinking those features where in there.  I told him he needs to correct his advertisement.  I basically put in the review that it was a lie and that the product did not have those features.  When the features are released, you have to pay for them separately.  An empty phone with future features to pay for.

I thought I had read a previous thread by you about this where you went into greater detail but all I found were

I'm curious, did you write the bad review before or after contacting the Merchant?  (I do think I know who it is).  Some people may jump on you for not contacting them first though I know nothing obligates you to.

@Pamela.  Problem here is that
Lord
has multiple products that require web support and he has been cut off for all of them.  Personally I don't like any products that require web support.  We've seen complaints from other people with other products who have been cut off after a disagreement with the Merchants.  Also there has been the ongoing problem people have had with a certain animators products which are still for sale but don't work because his web service has been dead for a while.

But talking in general, as far as SL goes LL probably will do nothing.

I do remember another thread about a phone, someone misunderstood what they were buying. Is this a continuation of that? 

I admit I skimmed over his post and missed about getting updates for other products. If the purchase price included all future updates, then he should get them, of course. People should get what they pay for, in most cases. However when someone uses support requests as an opportunity to be so abusive they earn a block,  they may find themselves without support. 

I don't know if it's a continuation.  It sure sounds like it but there is no other thread/comments by Lord other than the one I linked.  There are over 10,000 posts with the word "phone" in it and I'm sure not going to try to find that phone thread you and I remember.

I know, there are some customers who shoot first and ask questions later but then again there are many Merchants whose support is horrible.  Both cause problems for good Merchants in SL.

(Note: I'm not trying to throw this all back on Lord, just making some observations).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even a review, just contacting a popular boot maker about dissatisfaction with a particlulary badly textured pair of boots. Got a prompt reply and gift certificate for twice my expense. And banned from the sim, so there was no way to use it. lol. you can be banned on a whim, nothing to help it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, anyone can be banned for any and no reason, fairly or unfairly. It is just a fact of SL and there is nothing to be done about it.

Same with reviews, buyers, and merchants -- there are good and bad, fair and unfair ones. People can come here and report it, but except in rare cases it accomplishes exactly nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what he did.  Since this was a year ago now I remember.  He disabled my updates and banned me from his parcel without refund.  I then changed my review to 5 stars and wrote very nice things about it just so he can unban me and continue my updates.  So my phone did not work and all my products were disabled since they were server side.  I sent him this message

 

"Can you please refund me $L1,900 since you disabled my phone? You either unban me and continue my support or refund me money. You took my money, disabled my access and not refunding me. I gave you a good review what more do you want?"

This is from my notecard I just read.  

 

My message to him was not vulgar or using foul language.  I was being honest with him and even told him the phone was not as advertised nor did it sync with my security products that I purchased from him.  In all honesty, why does LL allow creators to abuse us because of a rating system?  I'm scared to give a bad rating on a product because I might be banned from another creator.  The reason why I'm going after this is because I've been buying from him for a long time now and I love his products.  It's just that one product.  

 

Here's the kicker.  I own the phone on another avatar.  Talk about a valued customer.  /sadface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you really expect LL investigate every dispute of this kind? How much time would that take on average per incident? How many employees would need to do it? how much would it cost LL?

You agreed to the TOS which clearly states LL will not get involved in these disputes. There is no point in insisting that they should because they are not. Everybody gets burned sooner or later, but they don't all report it in the forum like it is some major catastrophe or even an unusual occurrence, just because it happened to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't sound like someone you want to keep doing business with. They obviously don't want your money so go elsewhere to buy what you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Pamela Galli wrote:

Found it 

(Phone review)

Thanks.

At that time I suspected which phone they were talking about and at that time as I said there was nothing fraudulent in the listing.  But if you didn't read the lengthy listing thoroughly you could get the idea you were getting something you weren't.   Which is something we see people do all the time.

I don't know if this is the same item that Lord  is talking about.  Only similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Pamela Galli wrote:

Found it 

(Phone review)

Thanks.

At that time 
I suspected which phone they were talking about and 
at that time 
as I said there was nothing fraudulent in the listing.  But if you didn't read the lengthy listing thoroughly you could get the idea you were getting something you weren't.   Which is something we see people do all the time.

I don't know if this is the same item that 
Lord 
is talking about.  Only similar.

I have found I have to explicitly list everything that IS included, then in ALL CAPS specifically list what is NOT included, usually twice. Otherwise you are just inviting more customer service issues. But some don't read anything at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not the phone in discussion.  I do not wish to name the person, business or product.  In all honesty, he's a really nice guy.  His customer support is amazing.  His products are amazing.  It just saddens me that a creator would take full advantage of me because of a bad review.  I guess honesty will take you so far.  Lately I've noticed his business has fallen and he's not making a lot of products anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know the specifics, or whether the review was justified,since we don't know what the product listing or your review says, but a bad review is to warn people not to buy the product -- in effect to damage his income, which he may depend upon. That is very serious. Understandably, this merchant, who has "amazing products" and customer service, does not want to do business with people who want to damange his business. He was right to refund for the phone, and entitled to ban you, but if updates for other products was included in the price you paid for those, and he has prevented you from obtaining those, he was wrong to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you claim a product can do this and that and the customer buys it but it can't do this and that until the future updates, doesn't that mean he lied to his customers?  It's a good product now but when it was released it wasn't.  All you can do is chat with other product users and play tic tac toe.  Now the product actualy works as advertised but those features you need to buy in-store credit with linden and use those to buy the features.  So basically, he said it does this an that, but it didn't.  I simply posted in the review that the product does not do "this and that" that it's basically a phone with no features.  I was behing honest.  To some people, they would read my review and say "well, I'm still buying the phone and hoping those features come out soon".  Others would say "I'll just wait until those features come out before I buy the phone".  So how does that ruin his business?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to also mention, he replied to my review calling me idiot and that I don't know anything instead of proving me wrong and saying the product does do those things.  Apparently the product was false advertisement and he got mad.  He just got caught up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sound like

a boy who's been rejected by a girl

A boy who cannot accept the rejection and feels the need to talk to everyone about it.

Grow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lord Derryth wrote:

I'd like to also mention, he replied to my review calling me idiot and that I don't know anything instead of proving me wrong and saying the product does do those things.  Apparently the product was false advertisement and he got mad.  He just got caught up.

Well then I don't know why you say he has amazing service and products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...