chardonay Babii

Why a guy would play as a girl in SL

That is why I put the TG at the end of my avatars name.  I do not play a female to fool anyone.  I play a female because it gives me a chance to be a female.   I do not want to hurt anyone by misleading them

• Like 1

Looking at the various responses to this thread, it all seems to come back to the same old song;

"SL is different things to different people"

For some, SL is Facebook+Tinder-by-Another-Name and they -Expect- the avatar to mimic the typist.

For others SL is an escapist realm of unlimited creative possibilities and "anything goes "

There are other general outlooks - but those two in particular don't always mix well.

SL's open-format leads to the mixing of different agendas socially and "this is all role play" can cause issues with "I am looking for my next RL love".

In reality, there is room for both but maybe a good 1st question would be; "What brings you to Second Life; RL romance or virtual play?" Just to be clear before hearts get broken by finding out that answer the hard way......

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Raven Delgado said:

say your lesbian RL so guys don't hit on you

As a lesbian in SL, I can assure you that doesn't work at all, in fact it just tends to make the b*stards more insistent, with everything from demanding threesomes to claiming they can "cure" you with just one dose of macho idiot scripted groin-prim (tm). If you think putting "lesbian" in your profile helps pick up more chicks and keep guys away, I suggest you think again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raven Delgado said:

2. pretend to be lesbian to get more chicks

Umm ... you know all those other ... I mean, you know.  A wink's as good as a nod to a blind man.  Know what I mean?  Wink, wink; nudge, nudge.  Heck, everyone knows the best place to meet a man is at a lesbian sex club ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Raven Delgado said:

I'm not sure if I'm pretending to be a lesbian or not, but that hasn't got me more chicks, nor Klytyna's persistent guys.

And the suspicion Rhonda raises makes me wonder if I'd have better luck pretending to be a fella, which suggests my lesbianism isn't pretend, right?

But what do I know, it's me I'm talking about.

• Like 4

On 4/30/2017 at 3:13 PM, Raven Delgado said:

I knew a girl once in RL who pretended to be a lesbian to get guys to pay her more attention. 

33 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I knew a girl once in RL who pretended to be a lesbian to get guys to pay her more attention. 

Hmm. So I might profit from pretending to be a gay guy?

Rhonda's Canoro's simplicity/complexity question seems so apropos right now.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Damned failing memory. TY Rhonda.
  • Like 2

I am a woman RL and play with both a female and a male avatar just for the fun. SL is not RL. Yes, people can't understand. None of my avatars has anything in common with me RL, to tell you thetruth they are completely different from me and from what I live or like doing. 

Edited by gensaku
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Whoa.
That's deep. :)

I understand what you meant; I just had to tease you a little.

LOL I didn't even notice that. Editing now.

On 4/28/2017 at 8:17 AM, AmandaKeen said:

a good 1st question would be; "What brings you to Second Life; RL romance or virtual play?" Just to be clear before hearts get broken by finding out that answer the hard way......

Of course often that question can be answered or at least deduced by reading a person's profile, but for some reason a lot of people don't want to do that to see if that other person might be what they are looking for. Instead they chase after someone assuming they are here for one reason, when all the while the person's profile makes it pretty clear that, that isn't true at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Of course often that question can be answered or at least deduced by reading a person's profile...

You are SO right! I am a serial profile-perv; I read profiles before interacting with people.

The flip-side is that I get annoyed when people don't read mine and then cause awkward situations by Hitting On Me or wanting to Be My Master. A lot of "oops" could easily be avoided - but it's easier to assume that every female avatar wants a male avatar to tell her what to do.

But it -is- cute to see their responses when I ask them if they really meant to ask if they could be my Submissive, because I -do- have some housework and yard work they could keep busy with.........

• Like 3

and of course even when they read them, they often don't pay much attention, "Oh you have a partner, can we play when he is offline?" 

11 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

The flip-side is that I get annoyed when people don't read mine and then cause awkward situations by Hitting On Me or wanting to Be My Master.

Maybe I don't get out enough  I have not had anyone want to be my master in a long long time.  Mostly they want to take a turn on the bottom.  I get that quite often.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Maybe I don't get out enough  I have not had anyone want to be my master in a long long time.  Mostly they want to take a turn on the bottom.  I get that quite often.  

The only fella who tried to be my master was Dad, and he gave that up before I reached two. I don't remember that time, but in the years after he was my best bud.

There was one fella here in SL who thought I'd make a workable mistress... until I practiced on him. Did you know that the fight-or-flight response is blunted by laughter?

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I was hosting at Velvet Thorn until RL scheduling interfered, and most of the male attention from there was of a Submissive nature.

So far as the rest of SL goes though, if I am out shopping or socializing I hear from one or two males a week who kick off the IM with "hey sweets" and will be an invitation to let them Convert Me while my partner is offline or an overture to show me what a True Dominant is like :-)

Skye (my partner) has said in the past that I somehow manage to "draw" them by virtue of my personality. I am probably just too chatty :-)

• Like 1

When I came to second life, I did not playing on having a female avatar., nor I thought I will never have one. But after a few months in SL, I found a side of me that I thought never existed. So when I created my female avatar, which I kept editing for a full year, I didn't not have people thinking I was a female, I quickly told them that I was a transgender. Second Life help me discover a side of me that I was afraid to go into. Just look at it like this, people avatars are a persona of the actual person, because when you make a character your subconscious plays a big part. 

• Like 2

I've been watching this string for a while, and decided it was time to weigh in.  I have male and female avatars in SL.  As a guy in RL, I first joined SL when I heard about the artistic side of things here.  I'm a photographer dealing in fine art landscapes.  So it was natural to expand my online sales to a venue such as SL.  I joined, worked on my avatar to give him a proper "artist" look and quickly found a busy sim in which to open my gallery.  A week went by and I had no traffic.  Another week passed.  Hmmm...perhaps people in SL don't care for art as much as I had been led to believe...

After a month of this, someone suggested I create a female avatar, which I thought about for a while, then created.  I closed my shop, waited about a week, opened it back up under a new name, with a female owner.  Suddenly traffic was flowing...how interesting....

So that led to another experiment, as has been mentioned by others in this post.  How are men and women treated differently in SL?  Are the same expectations put on each gender here, as they are in RL?  My findings were much as you'd expect and as many of you have already stated.

But...after much time spent exploring in both genders in SL, I find I have a much greater appreciation for women in RL.  I understand much more of what they deal with on a day to day basis, just having spent time walking in their proverbial shoes...albeit pixelated ones.

I still log into her occasionally, and it's fun to put her in public situations to monitor how she's interacted with by both male and female avatars.  I do the same thing now with my male avatar, and have actually grown considerably in RL by the ideas I've been opened up to in SL by being more gender fluid.

Now if I could just get my SL wife to understand that when I log into the female, it's to shop and demo things I'd love to see on the wife before buying them for her....that I'm not out there trying to fill some secret sexual need....all things shall eventually come in their own time, right?

• Like 3

As a female you actually had traffic in your art gallery? Please tell me where that was, because the traffic in mine is very low. I keep hoping for that next big break that allows me to become just an artist instead of an artist and an exotic dancer, but it hasn't happened yet.

• Like 1