chardonay Babii

Why a guy would play as a girl in SL

Interesting thread and a pleasure to read !

I already told in this forum who and what I am in SL & RL so I won't repeat that but I would like to share my lesbian adventures in my early SL years :)

My first ava was a guy. I soon found out that I could easily switch from male to female in appearance. My avatar's name could be a girl as well as a boy so I decided to live as a girl in SL.
It was an exciting idea ! I became a lesbian..

I knew the lesbian scene in my RL town quite well and what I saw in the lesbian places in SL made me very clear that the majority of all lesbians in SL were guys in RL. At least 80% were no RL lesbians. I dont know how it is now but in 2007/8/9 being a lesbian was a roleplay in SL for many.
I visited places like Mysteria, Lesperado and Isle of Lesbos. All gone now as far as I know.

A friend took me to a les bar. A place so totally different from all the well known Lesbian clubs I saw before. Here were the RL lesbians.
 Butch, Boi and Femme just like RL...
I met a Boi there. We danced and talked. She was lovely and I felt she was real...
After two weeks we became closer. Even an occasional cuddle. One day she asked  : Do you  genderplay ?
I could not go on like this and the next time we were dancing and chatting I told here that I was a guy in RL.
Of course that was the end or our little romance. But we stayed friends. We even became RL friends and we still are.
Two years later I deleted my account and Ina Ladyboy rezzed :)

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 2

Guys that are playing girls in here just to get as much sex as possible are generally so obvious and easy to spot, but guys that are here because they feel like they are a girl inside in RL can pass easily and convincingly.

I never ask. I've been partnered to an amazing girl for 3 years. We both have someone in RL and are happy, but we are also so happy in SL with each other.

To all the guys that are expressing their hidden inner female, i wish them all the best, and to all the guys that are playing girls just to get as much sex as possible, i say... seriously?

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ina Fairport said:

Interesting thread and a pleasure to read !

I already told in this forum who and what I am in SL & RL so I won't repeat that but I would like to share my lesbian adventures in my early SL years :)

My first ava was a guy. I soon found out that I could easily switch from male to female in appearance. My avatar's name could be a girl as well as a boy so I decided to live as a girl in SL.
It was an exciting idea ! I became a lesbian..

I knew the lesbian scene in my RL town quite well and what I saw in the lesbian places in SL made me very clear that the majority of all lesbians in SL were guys in RL. At least 80% were no RL lesbians. I dont know how it is now but in 2007/8/9 being a lesbian was a roleplay in SL for many.
I visited places like Mysteria, Lesperado and Isle of Lesbos. All gone now as far as I know.

A friend took me to a les bar. A place so totally different from all the well known Lesbian clubs I saw before. Here were the RL lesbians.
 Butch, Boi and Femme just like RL...
I met a Boi there. We danced and talked. She was lovely and I felt she was real...
After two weeks we became closer. Even an occasional cuddle. One day she asked  : Do you  genderplay ?
I could not go on like this and the next time we were dancing and chatting I told here that I was a guy in RL.
Of course that was the end or our little romance. But we stayed friends. We even became RL friends and we still are.
Two years later I deleted my account and Ina Ladyboy rezzed :)

Theres a place called Lesbian Teahouse. its pretty active one too. But as you said most of those "girls" arent even girls in real life. And yes they ban male avatars :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeny Howlett said:

Theres a place called Lesbian Teahouse. its pretty active one too. But as you said most of those "girls" arent even girls in real life. And yes they ban male avatars :D

I know the Lesbian Teahouse. I used to dance there :) Long time ago

Just went there. I was curious to see how it is there now.
Did not change much. Still the same old fashioned look with vintage lesbian pictures on the wall :)

• Haha 1

A long time ago, my husband and I spent a weekend partying at a friend's house.   We slept on an air mattress on the living room floor.  About sun up that Sunday morning my friend's 2 kittens started chasing each other around the house.  For what ever reason they would run across me while jumping on a chair and then continue their chase to other parts of the house.  They seemed to enjoy using my butt as a launching pad for their game.  Every time I was about to fall back asleep they would pounce and fly, bouncing off my ass yet again.  So of course I swatted at them trying to interrupt their play.  After about the 3rd time of this I realized I was actually being more disruptive to my rest by lifting up and flailing my arms uselessly than the cats bouncing by every 5 minutes or so.  I had this epiphany that I was just a mogul on the kitty-cat raceway and the sooner I accepted that fact, the easier my life would be.

Anyway ... what does this have to do with SL gender?
I used to wonder about RL gender but eventually quit caring.  Worrying about who is on the other side is more disruptive to my enjoyment of SL than finding out I was wrong.  So why spend the effort being suspicious of everyone? 

I do understand that I am biased because I have my partner and anyone else is not going to go further than a dance and a flirt.  So maybe I am missing a need to know that other people have for any potential partner.  I understand why some people fell different than me to some extent.  I just don't rate it important enough in my SL to spend time worrying about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

A long time ago, my husband and I spent a weekend partying at a friend's house.   We slept on an air mattress on the living room floor.  About sun up that Sunday morning my friend's 2 kittens started chasing each other around the house.  For what ever reason they would run across me while jumping on a chair and then continue their chase to other parts of the house.  They seemed to enjoy using my butt as a launching pad for their game.  Every time I was about to fall back asleep they would pounce and fly, bouncing off my ass yet again.  So of course I swatted at them trying to interrupt their play.  After about the 3rd time of this I realized I was actually being more disruptive to my rest by lifting up and flailing my arms uselessly than the cats bouncing by every 5 minutes or so.  I had this epiphany that I was just a mogul on the kitty-cat raceway and the sooner I accepted that fact, the easier my life would be.

Anyway ... what does this have to do with SL gender?
I used to wonder about RL gender but eventually quit caring.  Worrying about who is on the other side is more disruptive to my enjoyment of SL than finding out I was wrong.  So why spend the effort being suspicious of everyone? 

I do understand that I am biased because I have my partner and anyone else is not going to go further than a dance and a flirt.  So maybe I am missing a need to know that other people have for any potential partner.  I understand why some people fell different than me to some extent.  I just don't rate it important enough in my SL to spend time worrying about it.

In the end, what's the more interesting story, swatting away kittens at play or  becoming a mogul on their raceway? There's a bigger picture here. I don't control it, so I might as well find a way to enjoy it. Every spring when the dandelions pop out of my lawn, I think how marvelous they are. Between mowings just days apart they push a bloom and hang their seeds on the wind. It takes me just as long simply to work up the will to mow the lawn again. Every year I pluck dandelions from along the beach and blow their seeds across Lake Michigan, wondering where they will land. Meanwhile my neighbors spend more to kill their dandelions each year than I do on entertainment. Dandelions are my entertainment.

There are so many things in life worth worrying about... the things you can change for the better. So, I'm not going to worry about the changes other people are trying to make in their lives. I hope they succeed, or are at least happy trying.

• Like 3

I never cammed and stopped voicing because guys, and girls for that matter would get creepy not to mention RL gets in the way of voice a lot with a 4yo, I still have at least one stalker LL it would seem is powerless to deal with.  

Side note, anyone else laugh when you see voice verified on peoples profiles... verified by who?  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CaraMcLean said:

I still have at least one stalker LL it would seem is powerless to deal with.  

Me too, and its vexing to have to stay off a 2005 avatar because some $%!*% has nothing  to do but stay logged on and harass people.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Worrying about who is on the other side is more disruptive to my enjoyment of SL than finding out I was wrong.  So why spend the effort being suspicious of everyone? 

Exactly!  Can I like this twice?

I've often thought that the broadening of RL roles for both genders (each crossing onto one another's territory) has really messed-up the would-be SL Gender Police.....

If you mention your RL job is "X" then you must be a G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life)......not really.....RL women are police, soldiers...whatever.  RL Guys are also nurses and hairdressers....

My position is kind of a "why does it matter in SL?" But then, I'm not depending on SL to tell me what someone looks like; I *can* depend on it to tell me about their dreams and aspirations......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

Me too, and its vexing to have to stay off a 2005 avatar because some $%!*% has nothing  to do but stay logged on and harass people.

I wish it was that simple, I stopped talking to them when they hinted at then basically confirmed they were a paedophile,  they create a new alt literally every first or second day, it doesn't actually worry me or anything, I just block and report to add to the ever growing list of very similar alt names I've already reported for harassment, its just sick and very sad that people like that are able to indulge their issues towards others in second life with apparent impunity, to some extent it wouldn't bother me if it was two of them discussing that stuff with each other, presuming there is no actual harm being done but, I have less than zero interest in that particular mental issue or the people claiming its normal or acceptable, I will never accept paedophilia as acceptable or tolerable.  People can claim I'm some Alt-Right evildoer all they want.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CaraMcLean said:

I never cammed and stopped voicing because guys, and girls for that matter would get creepy not to mention RL gets in the way of voice a lot with a 4yo, I still have at least one stalker LL it would seem is powerless to deal with.  

Side note, anyone else laugh when you see voice verified on peoples profiles... verified by who?  

What I find highly amusing is that some guys take great pride in announcing THEY are voice verified. So what? Who doubts they are RL guys anyway?

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added "some" before "guys"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 8/12/2017 at 9:04 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

What I find highly amusing is that some guys take great pride in announcing THEY are voice verified. So what? Who doubts they are RL guys anyway?

Right, and actually is an attractive male avi walked up to me and they told me they were a girl in RL, I would be thinking "OH my a handsome man who actually knows what a girl wants" and I would be asking if we could be partners.

• Like 5

Just going to say this yes this was old topic But some people do wanna know who they are getting with Yes its your Second life getaway. But like I said unless your going to be long term with person going real they wanna see whats up front the whole package but nothing so if your keeping Second life then I guess its know ones business all depends everyone is different. I Just seen to many people lied to then have standards or  just come here for fun.

• Like 2

In general, i adore, understand and admire women... well they are not perfect... and I have a female alt for the pleasure to watch her and make her beautiful... who wants a dude on the screen all the time? A female avatar allow you to look at her thousands hours without having her running away or calling the police.

Sometimes, I played the female to avoid people thinking I am a weird (saying: "i am a dude in rl"). Sometimes I played the female to have the freedom that only women have. Like give loads of hugs and sweetness to folks that are not your gf. And also to have some female friend without have her thinking I was there for other reasons than friendship.

Basically to skip all the prejudice and stereotypes that are common toward men.

Oh. If you want to know if I used my female avi to seduce men... No. But to seduce women, yes! :D

Edited by Maik971
express more clearly what i mean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I am sure you can chemically measure the pleasure in my blood when I stare to something like this:

5991c7471bb8e_UtopiaJenniferbicolor.jpg.4bc0c10e25b9d6aa12c6ef092c8f23ee.jpg

Not everybody is identified with or wanna be their avatar.

6 hours ago, Maik971 said:

In general, i adore, understand and admire women... well they are not perfect... and I have a female alt for the pleasure to watch her and make her beautiful... who wants a dude on the screen all the time? A female avatar allow you to look at her thousands hours without having her running away or calling the police.

Sometimes, I played the female to avoid people thinking I am a weird (saying: "i am a dude in rl"). Sometimes I played the female to have the freedom that only women have. Like give loads of hugs and sweetness to folks that are not your gf. And also to have some female friend without have her thinking I was there for other reasons than friendship.

Oh. If you want to know if I used my female avi to seduce men... No. But to seduce women, yes! :D

Your post was wonderful and uplifting... until those last 5 words.

*shrugs*

11 hours ago, Maik971 said:

As long as you can accept them as they are you will find many women avatars who want to be seduced.  So good luck and happy hunting!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Maik971 said:

I agree with much of this post, but you've erred in your thinking. I bolded the word. Not gonna happen. Study women all you want, learn to know what bothers them, how they expect to be treated, all that. Every man should do that.

Just don't expect to ever truly understand them. Overlooking the fact (and you shouldn't, nor should I) women are no more 'all alike' than men are, there are things you just will never understand, no matter how earnestly and honestly you strive. Accept it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

...will find many women avatars who want to be seduced.  So good luck and happy hunting!

No hunting for me RL or SL :) but thanks! :D

The world is already full of women interested, no need to hunt. The work is to avoid them to respect your RL partner and relationship.

10 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

As long as you can accept them as they are you will find many women avatars who want to be seduced.  So good luck and happy hunting!

I assume he realizes that many of the women he is seducing are in fact RL guys like himself?

I suspect some guys that are girls in here get slightly annoyed if they find out that sweet girl they are hitting on and maybe falling for is in fact another RL guy.

*shrug*

Yes its just Second life in world We can be what ever we want so just leave to that. Be whatever you want as long your not hurting anyone.