New- Spent $1k on a demo skin?!?

Xherria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I just started, and a friend gave me $1k...that may not seem like alot of maybe it does...not sure but it is for me. Anyways I bought an item, tried it on and seen the White Box looking thing on me...or so I thought. I went to my home area to try and unpack it and spent around 30 minutes going over all the options ONLY to realize I bought a Demo, from the 'demo' tag over my head. Did I just waste $1k on a demo item..or am I suppose to Un-Demo it somehow?

---EDITED/ADDED Info----
Ok so looking at my transaction history in the marketplace...it only shows $1 for a pair of jeans my friend helped me buy the 1st day two days ago.
It has nothing on the $1k item I bought, so I logged in and checked and yes...my money is still missing and the item I have on me is...
{ VS DEMO - vString Revo Natural -Cleavage Larger v4.6 }
Which is in my folders but not in my transaction History or recieved tab. This is very confusing...I have the item, and I know my friend gave me the money for it, I know I spent the money on it.

I just sent a IM to the maker of it but she isn't online.

3 answers to this question

what did the item say / show when you bought it?...ALL buyings show the amount before you buy.

Go to your account page, and look where your money went.

If you wear a tag just above your name it meant nothing, thats just a group.

Only a scripted text or texture will show demo, if it is one.

Please edit your post and give a little more details.

As Alwyn says, check your transaction history to see who you paid the L$1k to.   If it was whoever sells the skins, contact him or her and explain the problem.

The merchant should have a record of the transaction and shouldn't have problem replacing a no-transfer item like a skin.   It's up the merchant, of course, but I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

Alternatively, if you did manage to pay the demo vendor L$1k, then the merchant will know if the vendor isn't set up to give refunds and should be able to help you out.

One way or another, find the transaction details, notecard them, and send them to the merchant with an explanation of what the problem is and ask for his or her help.

Wait a second.  Please take this a step at a time.

Forget the $L1 jeans.

Look at your transaction history again.  The Transaction History shows ALL payments and transactions for the last 30 days.  Find where the $L1,000 went to.  It may not have been an item purchase.  It may show as simply a payment or a gift to another resident.

If so, take note of that person's name.  Do you have any items you are wearing that show that person as the previous owner?  If so, take it off RIGHT NOW.  It's sucking money out of your account.  Do not wear or rez it in world, and submit an Abuse Report against the previous owner for fraud.

NOTE:  You should be checking your Linden Dollar Transaction History, not your Marketplace History.  The Marketplace History shows only what you've bought on the marketplace, not your in-world transactions.  The Linden Dollar Transaction History is one of the choices under Account on your Dashboard page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.