Anyone know how to get rid of double chats and double notifications on FS?

Divinethng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All of a sudden i've been getting/sending double chats and getting double notifcations. I did a clean re-install of FS, still the same. I called the internet provider and released & renewed my IP but that hasn't worked. Also downloaded another viewer, still the same problem. Any thoughts out there?

15 answers to this question

Divinethng wrote:

released & renewed my IP

if not a translator problem, it's often a connection issue, you don't tell if you resetted your modem/router.. while that's often the reason.

log off, shut down machine, shut down router/modem.

restart modem/router and let it fully restart, only after that restart your machine.

a install of the viewer won't help.

Are you using Norton antivirus?

Norton is causing this problem over the last few days - see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11891

To fix:

Uninstall Norton using the Norton Removal Tool at https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Note that just uninstalling Norton through Windows programs & features will not fix the problem, you must use the above removal tool.

Then reinstall Norton & you should be fine.

14 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

sometimes it's your connection, try resetting your modem/router

I have done all of that 5 times, a clean install of the viewer, whitelisting the viewer in the antivirus program, nothing works. WHen I reset modem and router the double texting goes away for about 2 minutes then comes back

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.