PLEASE HELP ME, I CAN'T COME ONLINE!

Arialumiere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

do not get nasty and hateful to me. im entitled to my opinions same as you.. get off ur ass and do some house work yourself since you seem to have enough time to bash at me for talking . that door swings both ways my dear. so dont let it hit ya where the lord split ya

[Posted 4:54 PM PDT, 06 May 2016]  We are performing unscheduled maintenance. While the maintenance is in progress, some residents may experience login issues and residents in-world may be logged off or experience degraded performance. Second Life websites also may not be accessible. Please check back here for updates.

I happen to have a regularely scheduled game show planned. which lots of housebound people rely on for their friday entertainment..  it took me 5 tries of trying to reset my password, which the SL screen suggested was my problem.  before i got the "unscheduled maintainance" message.  I like to be on time for the audience that arrives weekly. 

Yes I've got same problem here in the UK.  I was on and just logged out for a few mins and tried to get back in again and got silly message saying they could not log me in and check my caps lock was not on etc.  Tried my alt and that said same thing. This must be a big problem to  happen so quickly and all we can do is wait to see what happens an  hope they get us back on again soon .

I would suggest, before starting another "I can't log in" thread that you check the grid status before anything else. I couldn't log in earlier and that's the first thing I did. 

It's funny to see all the panics about not being able to log in for a small bit, even just a couple of hours. Used to have the entire grid shut down on Weds and it might come back up 4 hours later. The worst was it went down and didn't come back for 5 days. Or there was the time that TPs were broken and you were stuck where you were. That included trying to log in to a different place. That didn't work either. 

• 2 months later...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Status-Grid/Rolling-Maintenance-Main-Channel/ba-p/3049631?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SecondLifeGridStatus+%28Second+Life+Grid+Status+Updates%29

[Posted 12:36 PM PDT, 18 July 2016]  We will be performing rolling maintenance for regions on the main Second Life server channel on Tuesday, July 19th, beginning at approximately 3:00 AM PDT. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

Yes, but this says nothing about problems logging in. You would think if maintenance was going to cause problems for people logging in, they would at least make a note of it on the grid status. Also there's nothing about how long this is supposed to last, it's now almost 5:30 am in california so that means they've been at this over 2 hours already if they started on time. To say nothing of folks in other time zones.

eta, evidently spoke too soon cause i can log in now :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.