PLEASE HELP ME, I CAN'T COME ONLINE!

Arialumiere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Same thing happening to me, can not log into Firestorm, says password is wrong on all my alts. Then I try to log into the secondlife.com website and it says processing your request. I am using both firefox and internet explorer

I also am having this issue, Logging in on firestorm and getting the login error. The forums and SL website are taking a while to load if at all. also when I try to go to my SL dashboard website it takes be to a grid status page. I was however able to log into the marketplace with my same account and password, so at least my account was not compromised. I think it is a problem on with their servers. Now I get the error "we are currently preforming unplanned maintenance" when attempting to login.

for those without Twitter (thanks for the link)

We are performing unscheduled maintenance. Some residents may experience login issues and residents in-world may be logged off.

We have it here too.. both hubby and I cannot log in, tried diff browsers, diff avis, it keeps deleting the password :matte-motes-angry:

I'm guessing the "unscheduled maintenance" means something big went *bang*

i'm assuming that no word was given to the residents of 2nd Life because it's UNSCHEDULED maintenance... sheesh, grab a book or do some housework 'til they fix it... tha' world hasn't ended... lol

AngelsWind wrote:

they could like let us know when doing BS like maintenance  is BS not knowing what is happening and u get told passes wrong a mass notice they can do within the game ud think to let us know hey its going down

Yeah "unscheduled maintenance" means they have had some major crash, power or internet outage at the server farm(s), or been attacked - i.e. DDOS.

I tried status.secondlifegrid.net and it gave me an SSL cert issue. I do recall a notice being sent out about all browsers requiring TLS 1.2 support in order to access any money/marketplace-related resources. I suspect this TLS update may also affect most of SL since there is now a good deal of HTTP traffic that is exchanged between the viewer and the servers. This may be a snag in the upgrade.

Just a hunch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.