If I purchase a homestead adjacent to my full sim, can the prims be shared between the 2 sims?

KimberlyWells

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently ordered and purchased a full sim Island (Taka no Sakura).  If I also ordered a homestead(s) to be placed immediately adjacent (East and West), can the prims be shared between the sims.  I could use the additional sailing space (Water), But I really want more than 15,000 prims on the full sim.

2 answers to this question

Hi Kimberly,

Prims cannot be shared between regions. Each region runs on a separate server computer. More homestead regions can be packed on one computer than full regions, and there is no ability to share resources like RAM and hard drive space between the server computers.

Regions that are divided into smaller parcels can allocate prims unevenly across the parcels, but the 15K limit for the entire region (3750 for a Homestead) still applies.

• Like 3

You can't combine prim quota from separate sims but you can "cheat" quite a lot with extended linksets. As long as the root prim of a linkset is in your homestead sim, the entire land impact for it will be on that sim and with some intelligent planning you can extend the actual content 50 m or more into the neighbor sims - or offsim for that matter. Those extended linksets will be phantom but that's not always a problem.

That being said, you shold be a bit careful if you want to fill a sim that much. Content on land doesn't usually add much to lag (unless it's covered with lots of high resolution textures of course) but it can and unless you are careful how you build, even a 15000 prim scene may be a bit too much for any graphics card to handle well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.