Is there any reason why I can't set copy/mod permission on my object, though I own each piece?

Codex Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On my new freebie aquarium, people are reporting that there is no copy permission on the object,yet I have set it to be so.

I own and have created each piece and mesh and texture and script in the object, yet it still lists to the customer that it is [no copy , no mod and no transfer] A test with an alt has verified no copy permissions, though it is set.

What am I doing wrong?

This is happening with other recent items.. I set the permission, yet the test avatar sees it still as no copy, no modify.

These objects also have scripts in them that I own, I dont have to set their permissions too after linkin everything do I?

So confused now. Thanks for your advice

1 answer to this question

I suspect that you have been setting permissions on the objects while they are still in your inventory, which means that they will not become effective until they are rezzed.  The next owner will not see the perms you have set.  The way to beat that is to be sure to set perms only on objects that are in world.  Also, set the Advanced Permissions option in your Build menu so that you see not only the normal perms but also the slam bit that indicates whether the next owner perms are effective or not.  Read more about that at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions .  Finally, before you put a product on the market, have your alt or a friend double check the perms, even if you are sure that they are correct.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2916 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.