Is there any reason why I can't set copy/mod permission on my object, though I own each piece?

Codex Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I suspect that you have been setting permissions on the objects while they are still in your inventory, which means that they will not become effective until they are rezzed.  The next owner will not see the perms you have set.  The way to beat that is to be sure to set perms only on objects that are in world.  Also, set the Advanced Permissions option in your Build menu so that you see not only the normal perms but also the slam bit that indicates whether the next owner perms are effective or not.  Read more about that at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions .  Finally, before you put a product on the market, have your alt or a friend double check the perms, even if you are sure that they are correct.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

I suspect that you have been setting permissions on the objects while they are still in your inventory, which means that they will not become effective until they are rezzed.  The next owner will not see the perms you have set.  The way to beat that is to be sure to set perms only on objects that are in world.  Also, set the Advanced Permissions option in your Build menu so that you see not only the normal perms but also the slam bit that indicates whether the next owner perms are effective or not.  Read more about that at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions .  Finally, before you put a product on the market, have your alt or a friend double check the perms, even if you are sure that they are correct.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.