Hey anyone know a good affordable around 300 usd laptop to play second life

RoseStraaf21

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I don't shop in USD but I reckon this is gonna be a difficult ask. 300USD converted to my local currency is at the very bottom of the range for professional laptops.

Ultra graphics on a laptop for any length of time is risky for reasons involving the laws of physics, budget constraints are unlikely to help you surmount this.

Buying a new laptop also will do nothing about the amount of latency (lag) you get from your connection. They're not magic.

• Like 1

For 300$ you not buy any new laptop that is suitable to run ny virtual world nice and with enough graphics quality.

The problem with cheap laptops is that the have poor processors and very poor graphics chips. All cheap laptops have the graphics card build in the processor. For a good laptop you need to look at gaming laptops or laptops with dedicated graphics card. Same with desktop computers.

Found on newegg 2 laptops 480$ and 475$ the 480$ one have geforce 940m and more system memory. But budget laptops in this price range are not really suitable for ultra graphics. Also in normal graphics mode for long time the can get overheated.

Anyway, for 300$ you not find a new suitable secondlife laptop.

• Like 2

I know where you can find one... eBay.

Look for refurbished, preferably 'factory' or 'manufactor' refurbished. These are typically new or in-guarantee computers that were returned because of some problem. The problem with this type of unit is typically a hardware problem and the fix is to replace parts. Some think, including me, that these units are more reliable than new less tested units. They look new.

You'll find units that can run SL from US$100 and up. There are some good computers. You may even find a decent gaming computer for under $300. Patience = best price. But, good gaming units are usually well over $300.

You need to find a unit with an NIVIDA graphics chip. That will get you way better render quality and speed. But, I have a laptop that uses Intel HD 4000 and it runs OK. the i3, i5, and i7 CPU's will improve performance too.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.