Crashing Every Five Minutes

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

But all this brings me to a completely different issue back in SL -- whether I use Firefox or Opera (haven't tested with Crome) this odd thing keeps happening in SL and has happened now for I would say 9 or more months. While you're flying along, or sometimes just zooming around trying to do things from one sim, these browser windows just open up on you all of a sudden. Inword, a little browser window opens up and briefly retards your progress then closes. I don't get why that is happening or what it is. The view into the next sim? or? The window is small and black. It looks kind of like the CMD prompt window but it's inworld and just opens up. I thought at first it was related to media on a prim being somewhere, say, in a roadside ad. But that is definitely not it as I see it on sims where there isn't any media on a prim doing that, which in any event creates a window that looks different. Do you know what this is?

Yep, there's a JIRA issue for that here: BUG-11349 - On CEF viewers, the console window that opens on top of the world view should be hidden.

Singularity won't have this problem because it doesn't use CEF.

Firestorm has the bug fixed: FIRE-17768 - A Dos window pops up every few minutes for a second.

Workaround for LL viewer

Disable media autoplay

Preferences -> Sound & Media -> Untick "Allow media to autoplay".

You'll still see the cmd window flashing up if you manually play some media though. You can totally disable media if you do not need it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.