Inventory D/L Issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems for the last few weeks everytime I sign on my inventory is only partially downloaded and it's taking a while to finally get filled. I'm using phoenix, but it does the same on the latest SL viewer. Most of the time when my av starts to rez I get the, your clothing is still downloading popup, I check my invetory and sure enough its still d/l the last 20% and of course my clothes and body parts are not d/l. This is something new, anyone else have this issue, or a fix?

Thanks Z

@Zick - The first thing I do is yell at the family to close out WoW, stop streaming their NetFlix movies and for pete's sakes, get off their webcam video chats. Then .. after I get some bandwidth back, I ...

1. Switch to the Recent Items Tab and watch the number start counting.
  2. If it's taking a while, I go wash the dishes
  3. When I get back, if it's still counting, I take a nap (I'm old y'know)
Seriously though, double check that your maximum bandwidth preference is turned up and, if you're on a viewer that allows you to clear your Inventory cache, do that. Once you exit (as it instructs), before you restart do a complete defrag of your hard drive. (That may take all night long too, especially if it's been a while since you defragged last).

Thanks for the input Darrius. First off, no one uses my system but me, second I'm pretty experienced with SL, Computers, and Bandwidth. My settings are spot on, my cache certainly was cleared more than once out of frustration with this issue. I run windows 7 on a very capable fast system, the defrag suggestion has zero to do with SL issues unless maybe your running an xp system or earlier ops system, even then I highly doubt fragmentation would effect my inventory have to d/l 20% everytime I sign on. Others have this same issue. People all over SL are finding the need to revert their AVs back to default using Admin/Character Tests.

Zick Nizna wrote:

Thanks for the input Darrius. First off, no one uses my system but me, second I'm pretty experienced with SL, Computers, and Bandwidth. My settings are spot on, my cache certainly was cleared more than once out of frustration with this issue. I run windows 7 on a very capable fast system, the defrag suggestion has zero to do with SL issues unless maybe your running an xp system or earlier ops system, even then I highly doubt fragmentation would effect my inventory have to d/l 20% everytime I sign on. Others have this same issue. People all over SL are finding the need to revert their AVs back to default using Admin/Character Tests.

You're welcome. I answered part tongue-in-cheek and part technically accurate because I do understand the frustration of not having your Inventory load fully and I know how sometimes the most basic of things can get overlooked.

As you've obviously got a good handle on the typiical technical issues that might cause this, I highly recommend you drop by the JIRA system and search for any existing Issues that deal with this particular problem then add your observations and voice to the many others.

I don't dive deeply into viewer issues usually, but I seem to recall reading (perhaps on Twitter or on another TPV's blogs) about how the use of UDP Datagrams can cause this and how future viewers may be changing to an acknowledged TCP packet protocol. However, I don't recall if that really was an issue, or just a title on a post somewhere. It may bear some further research on your part after you follow the JIRA route.

Best of luck though. As someone that once suffered the same issue but doesn't any more, I do at least appreciate the level of frustration it can cause.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.