Kelmeloo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Using the Firestorm viewer. Made two separate accounts and neither of them will log intot he viewer. I tried logging in to the account online, and neither will work still. I know I am typing the username and password correctly, but it says it's not correct. I am not using caps and have been very careful of how I am inputting the characters. It's also not this account - this account works perfectly fine.

*EDIT*

Since I can't find a reply button to the answers, I will edit the question by saying that I have not signed up using any link that was given to me. I simply went to join.secondlife.com and followed the steps until it got the download page, which I didn't need to do since I already have the firestorm viewer. On both accounts I tried to make, I was guessing there was maybe an activation email that needed to be clicked on and when I checked, I only had a Welcome to Secondlife email with no activation link. And when I tried to make the username again it said the username was taken, and like I said I did get the emails, so obviously the account is registered....It just won't let me sign into the website or viewer without telling me I put in the wrong username or password, which I know I didn't.

1 answer to this question

It seems unlikely to have happened to TWO accounts, but if you have recently visited a URL that someone sent you in text chat, IM, or group chat, and entered your user name and password, your accounts may have been stolen by a phisher.  If you believe this is likely, visit this link and immediately follow the instructions: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.