Sign in to follow this  
ameliemadison

Fashion advice / Outfit construction

I have looked and looked to no avail at finding a group in secondlife geared towards helping those who love fashion with outfit ideas. (ex: Which shoes look best with this dress?) Any groups I have found that are related have long since been abandoned. 

You can always start one on your own. 

However, the idea of dressing by group consensus is strange to me. You can always ask a friend who has good taste.

Dress to please yourself not other people.   You will be a more confident person since you won't be worrying what other people think.

I fully agree with the previous post.  SL is an opportunity to be the individual we all always wanted to be, and that includes fashion.  I for one would never rely on any group to tell me what works and what doesn't for me.  I need to be able to express myself my way.  Take a risk lol,  trust your own judgement,  look around the stores, and Market Place,  until you find something you really love, if it is an outfit sometimes all the accesories come with it.  If shoes etc don't come with it, then purchase some shoes that are likely to go with many of your outfits and you can't really go wrong.  Half the fun of SL is expressing one's self, give it a try:) smiles.

While I agree with the previous posters that you should dress to please yourself, sometimes a critical eye or some good advice can help you achieve the look that you're seeking.  And quite honestly, there are some people in SL who really could use that.  I don't have any suggestions for a group, but I do recommend looking at real life fashion blogs, Pinterest, or just using Google image search for things like "shoes with cobalt blue dress" to get ideas and to get you headed in the right direction.  Sometimes the fashion rules are arbitrary social conventions, and sometimes they're useful guidelines for creating the impression that you're trying to create.