Sign in to follow this  

Exchange rate fluxuatiuon.

I just noticed while i was purchasing some $L that the exchange rate changes depending on how many $L you are buying. For instance, when buying $3 USD worth the exchange rate was 219.70/ USD.

While purchasing $30 USD worth it was 245.72/USD..

That's ridiculous! Why cheat someone $L based on how much they are buying? The exchange rate should not fluctuate. It changes by 3 $L when going from 30 to 300 USD. Bad form LL, bad form.

ETA I forgot to check spelling.. it's early...

It doesn't actually change.

When buying US$3 worth you get 747L$

When buying US$30 worth, you get 7470L$

That's exactly what you'd expect.

The difference between the two is the transaction fee. 40 cents is a significant chunk of $3 but not of $30. So I guess the "estimated" exchange rate for each is the result of a calculation that takes the transaction fee into account.

It looks like they've factored the US$ 0.40 transaction charge into the estimated exchange rate.

As this is a greater percentage of the lower purchase, it has a bigger effect on the overall exhange rate for that transaction

Phil Deakins wrote:

It doesn't actually change.

When buying US$3 worth you get 747L$

When buying US$30 worth, you get 7470L$

That's exactly what you'd expect.

The difference between the two is the transaction fee. 40 cents is a significant chunk of $3 but not of $30. So I guess the "
estimated
" exchange rate for each is the result of a calculation that takes the transaction fee into account.

Well now i feel sheepish.. I didnt actually look at the totals. I just noticed the exchange rates.. Why the fee factors in to that i have no idea.