How do people have red, blue, or yellow outlining around their avatar when taking a picture?

vurypurty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When taking photos, ,I notice on flickr that people's pictures seem pixelated and have red, blue, or yellow outlining around their avatar or objects as if it's shadowed or something. It has a transparent drag effect where it looks like there's a hologram in a different color standing behind them but it's a few inches apart? is there like a green screen or something in front of them or..? And then the pixelated part; there's like little grains all over the picture like it's a sketchy type of thing. Idk I want my photos to look like that.. Mines need more detail.

2 answers to this question

I thought I saw where you were going until I got to the last line of your post ... " Idk I want my photos to look like that.. Mines need more detail."  Now I'm confused. So, do you want that odd effect, or are you hoping that it doesn't happen to your photos?

If you are seeing it in someone else's photos that are posted in flickr, it's probably an effect that they added in Photoshop.  If you want to do something like that, you'll have to mess with filters and (probably) multiple layers. The best way to find out exactly how it's done is to ask someone who did it. (The fun way, of course, is to experiment on your own.)  If you're hoping to avoid that effect, I wouldn't worry much.  It's not likely to happen by accident.

• Like 3

Could you edit your original post and add a link to a picture?

What is sounds like is drop shadows and film grain effects.  Those are done with gimp or photoshop.  There are some ways to use colored lighting and back lighting in SL and to play with the sun to get a dynamic shadow where you want it but I would bet what you are seeing is post processing and not part of the original snapshot.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.