How to make skybox somewhat private?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know this is possible. I've been to sims where it's impossible to zoom in on avatars in skyboxes, they are completely invisible (appears as unloaded "+" icon on radar) unless you're physically within a X meter range of them. Then they simply set a security orb that kicks out anyone within that X meter range. 

I'd like to know how this is done? It's a somewhat interesting solution to prevent random people from peeking at what's going on inside skyboxes.

If you own the land the skybox is on, or have the authority in the group that owns the land, you can hide avatars on the parcel from anyone outside the parcel.

To hide avatars on a parcel:

1. Choose World > Place Profile > About Land or right-click on the parcel and choose About Land.
  2. Click the OPTIONS tab.
  3. Clear the Allow other Residents to / See and chat with residents on this parcel checkbox. By default, this checkbox is selected.

If you are unable to do this then ask the owner of the land or landlord to do it.

Note that the security orb must block entry anywhere on the parcel, at any altitude, in order for the "cannot see or hear" setting to prevent camming-in from somewhere within the parcel. That's very do-able, it just requires a reasonably modern security script to do it without a ton of lag. (Old security orbs used to send out sensor probes to cover large volumes of airspace, believe it or not.)

The sims that have such skyboxes make it possible because each skybox is placed on its own individual parcel and then having the privacy settings the others here have described turned on. If your skybox is not on its own parcel then anyone inside that parcel no matter what distance they are at can cam to your avatar. Just thought I'd point that out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.