I use SL Viewer 4.03. Sometimes when I log on and I look at Profiles they have do not have the Notes

Rocomo Wozniak

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The Notes section on the ABOUT page sometimes works and other times it doesn't even with friends.  For friends I can work on then through the Mysecondlife.com  It's annoying and I just wondered if it was peculiar to my viewer or a widespread issue!  I have a lousy memory and I use it for reminders!

3 answers to this question

It's a known bug in the viewer. It was introduced a few versions ago and LL hasn't gotten around to fix it yet.

User profiles are fetched from the my.secondlife.com web page and displayed by the viewer's built-in web browser. For some reason that browser can't handle log-on data properly anymore, so you'll have to log on every time you want to view a profile. You can just click on the padlock symbol at the upper left corner of the profile to do it. If you check the "Remember me" box, you'll only have to do it once for each session. About half the time, the log-in process gets hung up so you'll ahve to close the profile window and try again.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.