deformer issue

Vasquez Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

im currently creating a deformer for personal use in order to equip a custom robot avatar. i have created a series of deformers for each limb, but every time i apply the deformer to the legs, instead of the avatar getting taller the feet start to pass through the floor.

i'm very aware that you can get very large avatars so i would like to know how you keep the avatars feet firmly on the ground and not passing below it at all times.

is there an offset i have to edit?

thanks!!

/ok i fixed my first issue by using an animation to lift it off the ground, but now when standing, the knees bend awkwardly and the feet actually lift off of the ground, is there any good way to make a large avatar :s the knees only bend when standing on actual ground, when i stand on a prim its fine.

2 answers to this question

Vasquez Rae wrote:

/ok i fixed my first issue by using an animation to lift it off the ground, but now when standing, the knees bend awkwardly and the feet actually lift off of the ground, is there any good way to make a large avatar
:S
the knees only bend when standing on actual ground, when i stand on a prim its fine.

I can only guess that you have left 1 of the settings in the legs at a zero setting, which would allow the default animation to be able to overide the legs. This is the only thing I can think of if you are only seeing it on SL ground. The ground probably is not perfectly level, which is allowing you to see the problem better. Change that zero setting in the legs to 1 or something. But it does not have to be a zero setting that is the problem, the leg setting just needs to match the first frame exactly to have it be an issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.