Questions About User Groups

KeeperS Karu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Heyla and well met!

I've read that Linden Lab is using a User Group system, now, to replace their old Office Hours system. I'm wondering why this was necessary, as I'm more than a little unsure as to how they're supposed to differ? In addition, if you don't see a User Group that quite fits what you're looking for, is there a way to suggest a new User Group category?

Thanks!

Keeper S. Karu (KeeperS Karu)

2 answers to this question

You can read all about User Groups here:

wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:User_Groups 

While they don't differ hugely from Office Hours (you can still go along and attend at any time just like Office Hours) they do have some subtle differences such as more rigid participation guidelines around them and supporting structures.

The different User Groups are also more specific to business areas which makes more sense that the way Office Hours could sometimes be. Office Hours were sometimes listed under the the name of the Linden who ran them which was confusing if you didn't know what that Linden was responsible for.

There is also a comment on that link suggesting you contact Amanda Linden if you'd like to suggest a new group. Have a read of that page first though because you may find that the idea you have is already covered by one of the existing groups :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.