Sign in to follow this  
Melody Frostwych

Building Interior Walls?

Hi.  I'm renting an apartment in one of the sims.  I want to subdivide the interior with walls that have doors in them.  Can someone tell me how to do that and where to find the walls i need?  

Thanks

MF

Step 1:  Rez a prim

Step 2: Stretch the prim to fit the space where you want a wall.

Step 3: Drop a texture (or textures) onto the prim.

Voila!  It's a wall.  If you are confident that you can do it without messing up important things like scripts in the existing house, you can link the new wall to the rest of the house.  Unless you plan on moving it around, though, it's safer to leave it unlinked.

If "walls that have doors in them" means "walls with openings", that's easy.  Just frame the door openings with prims and be careful playing with texture repeats and scaling so that the wall textures on all the prims line up.  If you really meant "walls that have doors in them", that's a little harder.  It means either building your own doors, adding appropriate scripts (for example, this one or this one) and linking them as necessary to the wall, or buying someone else's doors.