hey i put in the wrong year for my birthday and i dont know how to change it anyone know

Ryhan572

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You can submit a support case as Rhonda suggests.  

Pardon my saying so, but it's hard to believe anyone really doesn't know their own birthdate.  Usually, when people ask this question, they really mean, "I'm underage and want lie about it so I can go to Adult areas."  I'm not saying that this is YOUR situation, you understand...but if, by chance, it is, I would strongly recommend that you do NOT lie about your age.

There are very good reasons for this.  For one thing, I'm a parent.  My kids are grown up now, but when they were teenagers, I certainly would NOT have wanted them to have full access to the adult content in SL.  There is some very kinky stuff available, and some very kinky people to go with it, neither of which is suitable fare for young people.

But it's not just Mom saying "wait until you're older."  Most kids who lie about their age get found out and reported.  When that happens, you will be permanently banned from SL.  Not only that, but no one using your computer will be able to use SL either.  If your parents happen to have accounts, they will not thank you for this.

It's risky.  Like other adult-oriented places on the internet, there are sexual predators in Second Life.  You could easily get yourself into more trouble than you can possibly imagine.  "Grounded for Life" doesn't even begin to cover it.  The consequences range from psychological trauma up through rape and worse.

Please:  Use your actual Real Life birthdate when you register for Second Life!  And if you are under 18, be smart and be patient.  You will be a legal adult almost before you know it.

• Like 2

I can not stress enough do NOT lie about your age.  It is more likely than not that You WILL get caught and banned.  Most teens just can't pull off acting like adults. Most RL adults if they even suspect your underage will report you because they can get in a lot of trouble if they are caught knowingly associating with teens in an adult area.  LL's policy is report anyone you suspect and let them investigate.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.