$L gifting

SageGreywolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why does $L gift not ask recipient to 'accept' so they see the attached note? I gifted $L to a friend while we both were online. No response for about 90 minutes so I ask friend if they recieved my gift.  They had no clue what I was talking about.  We investigated and found $L indeed did transfer, yet recipient found zero notification, notice, nor copy of message I attached with it explaining the gift purpose. Nothing but an increased $L balance. Are we missing something?  DJs and Hosts 'usually' acknowledge payments to avatar profiles right away so I am thinking we must be overlooking something here?

Any clues would be appreciated.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

At clubs you will typically pay a scripted tip jar. These are configured (again, via script) to send instant messages or other notifications to the person 'logged in', informing them of the exchange.

The Second Life viewer, by default, will play a money 'cha-ching' sound whenever someone recieves L$50 or more in one go (configurable in Preferences), provided the recipient is online at the time. For every payment a user recieves, a Notification is shown on the screen temporarily (and in Local Chat History for the rest of the session). Past notifications are typically found in the top-right of the screen, though this behaviour can be altered, too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.