dissolve a marriage

Balvenie Doomdale
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I assume you mean partnership as there is no official marriage in Second Life.

Yes, the partner will be notified. All details in this excellent Knowledge Base article.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Friends-and-partnering/ta-p/700067

How do I end my partnership?

The person who "divorces" is charged L$25.

1. Go to the Partners page.
  2. Check the box that says "I, (your name), would like to dissolve my partnership with (your partner's name)."
  3. Click Submit. Your partnership is dissolved and your now-ex-partner is notified.

5 answers to this question

I assume you mean partnership as there is no official marriage in Second Life.

Yes, the partner will be notified. All details in this excellent Knowledge Base article.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Friends-and-partnering/ta-p/700067

How do I end my partnership?

The person who "divorces" is charged L$25.

1. Go to the Partners page.
  2. Check the box that says "I, (your name), would like to dissolve my partnership with (your partner's name)."
  3. Click Submit. Your partnership is dissolved and your now-ex-partner is notified.

Funny question. Did you think you could sneak in a 'divorce' without your partner knowing it? That would not be very nice of you.

As Nyll says, email notifications will be sent. Notifications are sent for anything and everything, so of couse they will be sent for partnership cancellations.

- Luc -

if you were to dissolve a partnership your partner would get e-mail conformation that you dissolved it. if your partner knows what you plan to do it's not a problem. if you do it on the sly and don't say anything i don't think your partner will be too pleased with you when they find out

Archived