What are the best female mesh bodies and faces?

DJAmberUK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Try this website: http://meshbodyaddicts.com

There are a number of reviews there for both bodies and heads. Not all of them are available on the marketplacce - check them out inworld, and pick up demos, so you can try them on before you commit!

Best is very subjective. I haven't yet found a mesh head that I like 100%, so I don't use one. I like the Maitreya Lara body; you might not. Again, pick up demos and try them on, compare and contrast, and see what works for you. 

Areil gave a good answer.

I'll add to it. 

Project Bento is in developement now. Once it is complete it will revolutionize how mesh heads are made and work. So, you may want to wait on purchasing a head. Or check out the upgrade policy for the items you decide to buy.

I personally am not ready to jump on the mesh heads yet. Not enough customization for my tastes yet.

As for mesh bodies, like someone else mentioned, it is all really subjective. It can come down to the body type you want, even the clothes you want to wear as some designers work exclusively with certain shapes.

Personally, I think Maitreya Lara looked the best on me. I tried Slink Physique but it just never quite looked right on my shape, but it looks absolutely amazing on my partner. Same with Belleza (sp?), the Mesh Project, even Kemono. Try demos of all of them and see what you like best for you.

As stated, for a mesh body and head, demo, demo, demo. I actually use a lot of different bodies, depending on the look I want and what I'm wearing. Each one has different alpha cuts to wear with your clothing. Also, they are all shaped differently, IE breasts can be rounder, same for the tush, arms are fuller or thinner, calves have a different curve, etc. You have to find what works for you. 

I have, and use, both the the Slink Physique and Hourglass, the Belleza (Usually the Isis shape), Maitreya, GInc and Tonic. Slink has the best alpha cuts for corsets. The Maitreya works beautifully for those boots with the fancy cutouts.Belleza, Maitreya and Tonic all have the 3 main foot heights included though only the Tonic is compatible with the Slink feet pattern. The Tonic has fuller breasts and a choice of a slim or full tush. You just have to demo and find the one that YOU like.

• 1 month later...

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

Check here 
for a list of mesh bodies. Then demo, demo, demo to find the one that fits your idea of what you want to look like.

Yep that is the only thing to do really.  As for faces,  the skin has a LOT to do with how the face looks,  the right skin with the right shape will make your look unique.  From my point of view, I wouldn't want to have a face (mesh head) that looks like every second female avie online lol.  So far I have not gotten into mesh heads, as very few skin makers do appliers for them and I like my skin and have no desire to change it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
42 minutes ago, Jalea Nightfire said:

I have a Slink Physique body, but having problems with the skin, looks very splotchy, and the clothing rezzes on but flickers badly as though it doesn't quite cover. Does anyone know if this is a mesh body problem or is it the Slink body in particular?

Do you have hardware skinning disabled?  The shading on the mesh bodies will look really bad without hardware skinning & the body layers will flicker, especially up at altitude.

LL viewer: Preferences -> Graphics -> Advanced -> Tick "Hardware Skinning"
Firestorm: Preferences -> Graphics -> General -> Tick "Hardware Skinning"

3 hours ago, Jalea Nightfire said:

I have a Slink Physique body, but having problems with the skin, looks very splotchy, and the clothing rezzes on but flickers badly as though it doesn't quite cover. Does anyone know if this is a mesh body problem or is it the Slink body in particular?

The blotchy skin sounds like you're not wearing the Slink alpha layer, which would cause competition between the Slink skin and the classic skin. After fixing that, then if you still have skin poking through clothes, you will need to adjust your shape and/or set alpha cuts in the Slink HUD.

Edited by angeoco

Just wanted to note that this is an originally very old thread so some of the info no longer applies or has already happened.  

Meanwhile, Maitreya is the most popular body still (now with bento hands included) while Catwa (giving out developer kits from the beginning) is the most popular head brand. 

In order for a skin to look good on ANY body, you need to wear the alpha layer that comes with it (there is just a body and head with body in any body kit that I have tried so choose accordingly). 

**THERE IS ALSO A HUD that let's you do lots of things like make parts of the body disappear in order to get clothes to "fit". The HUD is very important and should be looked at closely and explored before making your body buying decision.

Regarding the last question to this thread --- it isn't the Slink body as that is a popular body. You are missing a part of the process in wearing the body, maybe what Whirly suggested, I know not.  

In order to have the best look available one needs to have a mesh head and body (to get rid of the visible line between the two caused by different mesh reacting differently to light sources) AND use the same applier for the skin so that things look all one piece. Note that there are varying qualities of skins and body matching so TEST ALL PARTS TOGETHER before buying :D.

That's my advice anyway. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just saw this and thought I might add my 2 bits. I have been a BIG fan of Catwa for ages now and bought both the original Jessica and Catya Bento heads which I think are great. The thing I didn't like about the Catya one is the way the jaw is weird with a normal shape and you have to redo it all or use the supplied shape. Other than that I am happy with both but Jessica is a little dated now.

Looking for a change I went to LeLutka and boy they have a range of nice Bento heads there.  I gave into temptation which wasn't hard and bought a new Bianca head and skin applier.

Being an avid Catwa fan I had reservations about it later but then I saw it came with mesh eyes that are tinted in the head HUD as well as plethora of expression animations and moods built into the HUD as well. I forked out for all three heads about the same price but the eyes and extra animations were extra at Catwa so I never bought any.

Also the Lelukta comes with a lot of makeup extras I am very happy with and am definitely a convert. I paid about the same for all three heads but defiantly think the Bianca one is better value for money and probably looks too.

The Skin applier is Belleza Erin and beauty spots and freckles Afinity Ashley which comes with a cheeky kiss also lol.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.07.53 am.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.07.53 am.png

Edited by chardonay Babii

• 1 year later...

If you missed the Valentine’s-Day-only Altamura group gifts of the Romeo and Juliet full-body mesh avatars and were cursing your bad luck, well, guess what?? THEY'RE BACK, but only between now and February 27th, 2019!!

These are not the usual sort of freebie Altamura full-body (i..e head and body) mesh avatar which I have often blogged about before, which is limited to one skin tone and where you cannot remove the head. These are fully-featured, fully-adjustable, Omega-compatible mesh bodies, with Bento heads and Bento hands! Romeo comes in 4 skin tones and Juliet comes in 8 skin tones. 

Romeo and Juliet are easily the equivalent of what you would usually spend L$4,899 on at the Altamura store (or L$7,750 if you spring for the standard-issue Maitreya Lara mesh body and a Catwa Bento head, and that’s before you buy skin appliers). All this is yours for just the group join fee of L$50 to join the Altamura Design/Mesh Avatars group, which is less than 1% of the Maitreya/Catwa combination. (You pay the vendor L$1 and it gets refunded immediately.)

Needless to say, THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING DEAL WHICH YOU SHOULD NOT PASS UP. 

More details here: https://ryanschultz.com/2019/02/22/altamura-romeo-and-juliet-full-body-mesh-avatars-are-again-available-but-only-until-february-27th/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.