Firestorm crashes prompting graphics comment.

Scarlet Meinster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have attempted to do my research on this topic only to become frustrated with my attempts to solve this by myself.

Ever since the new update for Firestorm came out, I have been unable to use it and went back to the older version.  It would have been fine, till the older firestorms are being... banned... i don't know.  Still can't use Firestorm just like I mentioned before because as I click and wait for it to load I get this message...

"Firestorm is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware.  Please be sure you have the latest video card drivers and even if you do try reinstalling them.:    

If you continue to receive this message contact second life support portal."

... and so far no matter what I have done is helping me solve the problem.

I have attempted:

updating my graphics driver

Uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver

Uninstalling and reinstalling of firestorm several times...

Heck in the last four hours I have attempted to use the original SL viewer only to find out it is no rlv option and well Restrained veiwer options are making just as frustrated as the original.  I like Firestorm because of how customizable it is with the settings and up till now it has run fine on my computer.  Perhaps with your help it can do that again.

Thank you,

Scarlet

EDITED *I am using windows 10

Re-edited.... after a tense moment of frustration, I regret that is not possible.

5 answers to this question

Are you still using Windows XP or Mac OSX 10.6?  If so, you are out of luck.  Those operating systems have not been supported by Linden Lab and its standard viewer for some time now.  With Firestorm's latest update, they retired their oldest viewer that still supported those platforms too.  You may still be able to find a viewer that handles old operating systems, but the better choice is to update your OS.

• Like 1

Scarlet Meinster wrote:

[ .... ]

EDITED *I am using windows 10

Aha!  So it's not an antiquated operating system, then... Whew!

OK, next guess:  If your computer is using an Intel series 4 express graphics chip, you're still out of luck.  The manufacturer does not make upgraded drivers for that family of chips that will make them capable of supporting the 3D graphics the SL depends on.  If that's the case, your only option is to revert to whatever Windows platform you were using before (7 or 8?).

What graphics card are you using ? A friend of mine is having the same issue with hers and she is using W10, Nvidia 965 Graphic card in an Asus laptop. Her shop told her that the card and SL don't like each other and won't work for FS at this time until Nvidia comes out with an update or fix for the problem. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.