i can not edit my appearance and i look noob HELP

Diiva Belgar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Try bringing up the advanced menu (CTRL+ALT+D), then go advanced/character/character test/test female.

That'll take you back to "Ruth", the original default avatar. Go into the places you stored all your body parts and re-wear them. Try all this AFTER clearing your caches first though, and maybe restarting your computer.

A couple of suggestions.

Try wearing a hair base from the system library. I've seen it being said that this often helps.

Try to disable http textures from the Develop menu, which you enable in me->preferences somewhere - perhaps in setup. This helps me, at least when textures do not want to load.

Try to clear cache in me->Preferences->Setup(?), relog and wait for the inventory to load fully. After logging in, go to the 'Recent' tab in your inventory to kick-start the loading and wait for the counting of items to stop.

- Luc -

Open your Inventory, and go to any Saved Outfit you may have in your there, and right click on the folder and chose "Replace Outfit" Usualy you can reload your avatar that way when edit appearance does not work. If you do not have a saved outfit then, go to My Outfits folder, and chose a default Avatar, and right click the folder, and chose "Replace Outfit"

You will have to reload your original avie after that, but you should be good to go if rebake and clear cache both failed

Dilberts folder option should do the trick, if you don`t have any ready made folders with the 4 main compulsory body parts in (shape, skin, hairbase & eyes) you can:

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.

Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base) & a basic shirt and pair of pants.

Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.