I been using this viewer for Second Life. Is this viewer ok to use?

Guku Aabye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Guku,

The Answers forum is not intended for giving reviews of external goods and services. We deal with questions about how SL does or doesn't work.

Linden Lab publishes a list of self-certified third party viewers here...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

The viewer you mention is not on this list. That doesn't mean there's a problem with it. It just means that the developers of that viewer either can't or won't certify that their viewer meets LL policies regarding third party viewers, which you can read here...

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tpv.php

Cool VL Viewer is mentioned under "Other Third Party Viewers". I don't know if it wasn't included in the Third Party directory because the development team didn't apply, or was denied. It's claimed to be TPV compliant.

I don't think LL would keep a link to a viewer that was known to contain nefarious code, so that's a semi-endorsement, I suppose.

The Cool VL viewer is a good and well-respected viewer, especially tuned for doing in-world photography.  For reasons best known to the creators of that viewer, they have elected not to apply to be on Linden Lab's list of Approved Third Party Viewers.  As Maddy says, though, that is their choice.  Linden Lab does not support or endorse any viewer except its own.  That list is simply a collection of viewers that have chosen voluntarily to say that they follow the policy on Third Party Viewers.  Cool VL and several others do follow the policy (they would be blocked if they didn't). They just don't join the list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2932 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.