My Homestead is having trouble detecting Land Capacity

BillyBuckaroo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wasn't really sure where to ask this. I've looked around the web a few times and haven't really found anyone else having a similar issue, so I thought I'd turn here for help. I recently started renting a homestead with a friend of mine, and we're letting a few friends stay on the land with us. They've rezzed a few things in the appartments we gave them, but the problem we seem to be having is the Objects tab in the About Land properties don't seem to be detecting their prims properly. I've hand counted everything one of my friends had in their room and it only came to 50, whereas the Objects tab tells me that have 200+. I asked the friend to pick up all their things, and I'd auto return everything that wasn't in his room, but after doing so nothing appeared in his lost and found? But the prim count did go back down. He re-rezzed everything in his room and I thought the problem was over. An hour or so passes, I've been with him the whole time, we've just been sitting and hanging out, I check the land tab again and he's back at 200+!

This isn't the only user it's happening too, and I know and trust these people, I know they're not just rezzing random crap for the heck of it to screw with me. It also seems to occasionally happen to myself and my co-owner, and it's driving us up the wall! If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this, it'd be much appreciated.

BillyBuckaroo wrote:

....but the problem we seem to be having is the Objects tab in the About Land properties don't seem to be detecting their prims properly.

Is this group owned land?

If the land is owned by Group A,

• Do you have the 'return group owned objects' power in Group A?
  • Do you have the 'return group set objects' power in Group A?
  • Do you have the 'return non-group objects' power in Group A?

If you do not have all these abilities, you will not be able to see all objects in the object list. You will only be able to see the objects in the list that you have return powers for.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds very similar to the problem I'm having. When I figure the land impact total using the land impact figures of each object from the editor, it comes to 67. When I right click on the land, it says I'm using 174. The region was restarted earlier today, and I wrote the estate manager but haven't gotten an answer yet. Something's not right.

[i started a new thread looking for an answer: "Land impact total doesn't match up with object land impact figures from edit window???"]

I don't share the lnad with anyone, and have permission for a land impact of 175. It's very frustrating, because now I can't do any more work on the property until this is resolved.

------------------------------

Later that day.....

Now my land impact figure is correct, but my avatar won't work right.

I'll try again later. Seems to be some kind of problem with the region or the grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2900 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.