Server weight for active scripts

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anybody figured out how the server weight for active scripts is calculated?

I have a set of almost identical four prim objects, the only difference is the textures. Each of them contains two copies of the same script, some of them show up with 2.3 server weight, others 2.5 and I can't understand why.

The server weight display is bugged when adding or removing scripts. Always shift-drag a copy of the object after adding or removing a script. This will update the display to the correct numbers on the fresh copy.

Just for completeness: In general each script adds 0.25 to the sever weight. Which will show as rounded 0.3 in the viewers display. It does add these 0.25 until the number of prims in the linkset is reached. So when in a  4 prim linkset are as many scripts added that the server weight will equal the number of prims, you can add as many scripts on top of that as you like, without increasing the server weight any further.
  • Like 3

Thank you, Arton! :)

Yes, it turned out it was just the old problem with the viewer getting the numbers wrong. Once I had relogged, they all showed up at 2.5. I didn't think of that since I ususally do it the shift-drag way but this time I coudn't.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2936 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.