SL Maps

portence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

By making avatars on your region invisible to the outside, and putting your stalker on the ban list, you've gone a long way towards dampening any incentive to stalk. The most powerful tool in your arsenal is your ability to ignore. Make sure you and your friends use that tool. It doesn't take much attention to keep a stalker motivated.

portence wrote:

how many people come to my land and how close together we are

Rather than approaching this as a problem of hiding perhaps consider the alternative of "chaff" -- introducing noise to mask the signal. Get yourself some bots and move them around to create patterns sure to intrigue and perplex your stalker. Draw low-res pictures or spell out little messages in green-dot-matrix art.

Gaslight is the best revenge.

First and foremost, you need to abuse report this behavior to Linden Lab by pulling down the "abuse" tab on the viewer and filling out the report -- make sure to include a screenshot of the minimap with the stalker's name showing if you can and fill it  out in full, in the region where you are.

As others have said, you can uncheck the "avatars can see me" box but the minimap will still not only show green dots but their names. And while some find this annoying, it's also helpful in trying to deter griefing.

If you have access to other surrounding parcels, or you can get your neighbours to cooperate, you can put him in the ban list of your own and others' parcels although that doesn't stop him from camming in and/or using the minimap.

This introduces a long-standing issue I've often wished the Lindens would address -- the need for Governor Linden, the Estate Manager on our "islands," if you will, to introduce land bans to entire sims. The Lindens will likely never do this because it just means more work and attention for them. But it's one more area where Mainland is more vulnerable than islands.

Introducing "noise" doesn't help because the minimap still shows your name and any of your guests' names.

Also, if you don't have one already, you should put out a visitor tracker. I have a free simple one I can send you but there are more sophisticated ones you can buy on the MP that show the constant activity of avatars all around you in a radius you can select. I find these things noisy and laggy on sims, but you may want to use it for some time period and file a more detailed report to LL using the tickets system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.