My av has gone invisible, all that shows up are attachments. HELP!!

Oberon Kuhn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was inworld today when all of a sudden my av went completely invisable except for any attachements I was wearing.  I tried a rebake, changing outfits, tp-ing to amnother sim, and dumping my cash without any success.  Anyone have any other suggestions, I'm stumped.  :smileysad:

7 answers to this question

Hi Oberon,

I hope you dumped your cache and not your cash hehe :o:D

Try these fixes, hopefully one will work for you:

Create a folder, name it something easy to find so you can always keep it in your inventory for future use, like Normal Me or whatever.
Put a copy of your usual basic components in there...Skin, shape, eyes, hair (including bald base) & a basic shirt and pair of pants.
Right click on the folder and select REPLACE

or

Reset your avvie to default, depending which viewer you are using this is done here:
Advanced Menu >>Character>>Character Tests >> Test Male (or Female)
or
Developers Menu (ctrl alt Q)>>Avatar>>Character Tests>>Test Male (or Female)

The times I've heard this happening to friends of mine, a simple rebake has been enough to make them visible again. Rebake is an option in the Advanced menu, which you enable in me->Preferences (in Setup? I'm not sure...) in Viewer 2.x.

OK. I see now you have tried rebaking. Then try what Peewee said.

- Luc -

Hi: You didn't mention what viewer you were using.

If it is Phoenix it is possible to make your av invisable. (not sure with V2)

Follow these menu selections in Phoenix

Edit
Preferences
Phoenix
top checkbox: Render Avatar Invisable (must be unchecked)

Just a thought. :)

• Like 2

Oberon - Some time ago (4-5 months) my daughter had exactly this same problem. It refused to yield to any of the normal fixes too. Finally she went to an extreme step .. but it did fix it. Before I get into the fix though, the root cause of the problem was that she tried installing and using a version of Linden's V2 Viewer. For some reason there were components in that version that conflicted with the components loaded by her favorite TPV, Phoenix.

Here is the drastic process she followed to fix this issue finally:

1. Using the Control Panel (in Windows, not sure about Macs and Linux) she completely uninstalled all Viewers installed on her computer. This process removed the various programs, components and other installed pieces but left various user-created folders behind.
  2. She then went into each user-created folder under My Document (etc. etc. you'll have to hunt some to find them all) as well as the installation folder for each program and Archived (using a standard compression program) all files and folders not removed by the uninstallation process.
  3. Next she deleted all installation folders and any files or folders left under My Documents. Again this may take some searching to find them all, but like I said .. she took drastic steps.
  4. She then rebooted her computer and made sure everything was working as expected.
  5. She downloaded a FRESH copy of the latest version of Phoenix and installed from that.
Once she got done reloading Phoenix, she logged in, reset her preferences and was good to go. Her avi was no longer invisible. It took her several hours to accomplish it all, but after she'd fussed with it for many days .. she was ready to either do the above or just plain toss the computer out the window. (I suggested she not follow the latter course of action.)
Best of luck getting this fixed (if you haven't already).

• Like 1

i had the same issue.....on a brand new computer with what i thought would be good video card (Nvidia GF 210)...but Emergence says it is not compatible and so does SL Viewer 2 but it kinda works.  i got the answer from our friend PeeWee who also answered your question.  i am using my primary monitor not but it happened again on Emergence.  I switched to Viewer 2 and everything seems fine.  Guess i'll try Phoenix again......

But does anyone have thoughts on the GF 210 card?  should i replace with a more compatible one like the 9600 series?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.