an unwanted animation attachment

Belaveth Lysette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was standing around a group of avatars at an infohub. Somehow someone attached a disgusting animation to my avatar which deformed it and made particles fly from it. I did not attach the animation myself. I tried to turn it off by looking through the menus and I could not turn it off. That is rude that someone else can attach an animation to my avatar without my permission. Is there a way to turn off this unwanted animation?

If you are using Viewer 2, you need to look in the Advanced Menu and opt for "Stop Animating Me". This should stop anything from animating you, but if it does not, a relog would/should.

There is a bit more useful information on this Knowledge Base article, offering further advice when coping with a griefer.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewer_2_Moves

If you are using Phoenix there  you can open the 'animation explorer' and see and/or stop any animation from there.

Animation Explorer 1.JPG

Animation Explorer 2.JPG

I still get puzzled however when people say someone 'forced'  an animation upon them with out the individual somehow accepting it.  Maybe there is a hack that this can be done with but all the animators I have talked to say it isn't possible.  Not saying it didn't happen to you.  Just that it has always puzzled me.

I found out what happened. Your tip helped me to troubleshoot. Someone offered me an item called an iPhone which I accepted. But I didn't activate it. It appears I must have activated it unknowingly. Yet the item was not highlighted in the inventory. It's annoying I could not deactivate it, but the activation stopped on its own some minutes later. From now on I won't accept any more items from someone I don't know, or rather, I'll test it out first someplace where I'm alone.

Good. Yes. Always be very careful what you accept from others.

My ex-partner used to deform me on a regular basis - using some kind of weapons HUD, which meant I didn't have to click on an "accept" message. And sometimes these deformers are built into objects that people unwittingly touch (I have in my inventory such items, that look like an innocent bed, a dance ball, an arcade machine).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.