Recommended settings for my rig

krucked1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey second life,

I'm here asking for help with where should i have my settings at for best performace for the current rig i have 

i'm running windows 10 .. i will makes sure you know i'm running 2 monitors a 27 inch and a 24 inch 1080P monitors

im running a

Graphics : Amd Radeon r7 370 4gig graphics card says 12230mbs of video memory 

processor: Amd althlon x4 760k quad core processor 4cpus 4.2hgz

Ram: 16384mb

on a fatality motherboard can't recall exsact one but i can look it up if it's matters 

i just wanted to know what graphic settings i should be running or what viewer will give me best performance for my rig

To be honest that machine can get away with most things on high or ultra, Shadows will really bring you down in a super populated place. keep draw distance lower as it and the shadows are the biggest hit to a system.

i'm sorry that wasn't really helpful to me

there is not real answer to give... you can have a top notch machine and still at crappy sl experience.

Next to at least a mid range machine, or better, your connection is the importants thing.

And for that counts... 150mbps can still suck when it's not stable...

so

good machine

good connection

and than try what you'r able to run, it's adjusted in less than 5 seconds when you need to lower it.

Try highest first.

krucked1 wrote:

Hey second life,

I'm here asking for help with where should i have my settings at for best performace for the current rig i have 

i'm running windows 10 .. i will makes sure you know i'm running 2 monitors a 27 inch and a 24 inch 1080P monitors

im running a

Graphics : Amd Radeon r7 370 4gig graphics card says 12230mbs of video memory 

processor: Amd althlon x4 760k quad core processor 4cpus 4.2hgz

Ram: 16384mb

on a fatality motherboard can't recall exsact one but i can look it up if it's matters 

i just wanted to know what graphic settings i should be running or what viewer will give me best performance for my rig

Wouldn't an "Amd Radeon r7 370 4gig graphics card" have 4 GB of memory?  I mean, it's does say that in the description.. not sure where that 12230mbs came from.. Thats 12 GB.. which is impossible for a 4GB card to do.

Aside from that.. Play with the settings!!! More comes from your connection speed to the SL servers than what "rig" you have. Use the speedtest link on this page from the Firestorm team. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_speedtest

Why two monitors? Seriously. I mean, yeah i have my 50 inch LED TV hookedd up for when i want to watch movies or my kids want to watch me play WoT or Spore, but for SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.