Sign in to follow this  
iamyourneighbour

Schools/college - Need ideas

Hi I have snapped up some land of which I am planning to build a school/college for role players and they will also double as a place where group members can set as home + student dorm capsule (skybox) for paying students. Just can't really think of a name for it so I would like to look for suggestions.

Also any suggestions on how to make it more interesting are welcomed too :)

There are already a bunch of traditional elementary and high schools around, so a college might be less competitive. If you do a high school or younger, I would give it a spin and have some supernatural element or somehow make it different from a traditional school. I think it'd be nice to see a school in a different time period, like the 50s. I would be wary of doing copyrighted schools, but the truth is that fandoms sell, and you will get a following if you do a fandom. 

As for names, I always use name generators. This town name generator might be helpful.

True, there are so many schools around Second Life, but to be honest I never saw one that is absolutely amazing (the amazing ones doesn't exists anymore...) So now you can do it. 

Elementary or College? Which one do you want to make? If you're undecided you can make both (like one build front of the other). 

My suggestions are:

1. MESH BUILDING. I'm tired to see those prim schools. Make it as realistic as possible. 

2. Decore the school and rooms. Details are always very appreciated, remember the realistic school look.

3. Create another build for dorms if you want to. Give students the permission to decorate their own room.

4. Create some off-schol projects (ex. School magazine, dancers and cheerleaders...)

5. Interesting courses, people loves to rp match, grammar etc... but would be amazing to learn real things like photography, designing etc...

6. Add tolilettes, a gym, garden etc...Where students can pass the time also when the school is close. It makes the school much funnier.

For the name I don't really know... maybe a king, poet or animal name...

Thank you all for the input :)

It's in a slightly cyberpunk themed town with heavy urban surround, still working on buying the whole sim off don't want to go too much too quick :) Definitely go with college I dont think elementary is my taste.

As for mesh I have included as many mesh as I can but some structural details are simply not available on mp and I dont want to spend too much time on meshing those when expression of interest is not determined. Dorms I have thought of skyboxes but to paid students only, I am thinking more of creating orientated group with:

-Student sandbox

-Student in world shop

-Low cost rental dorms

-Set home for all members

As for a name no idea so far :S