Animating issues

Ayden Alchemi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have problems with my avatar animating. Three different examples would be:

When sitting on furniture that isn't mine:
I either don't animate, and if I do animate it's just the first pose that does it. If I try to change animations It does not change. Then if I stand up and try to sit back on the furniture it DOES NOT animate me.

My friends also reported that they got script errors talking about permissions not being set or something along those lines, If i can get a friend to pass me the exact script error i will update the post

When sitting on furniture that is mine:
It either works just fine, or it does the above and I do not animate at all, and if I do its just the first animation.

What I have done to try to rectify the issue:

• Different viewers (firestorm, singularity, etc) (clean install for all of them)
  • Cleared Cache
  • Windows 10 Repair on FS
  • 'stop animating my avatar and revoke permissions'
  • looked through debug settings
  • looked through preference
  • character test

I don't know what to do and it;'s really getting to me, because I mean MOST stuff in sl pertains to animations / animating your avatar. Please help ♥

You might find that adjusting your network speed setting in your viewer helps if the issue you are having relates to lost or dropped packets. The recommended settings of 500 mbs and 1000 mbps for WiFi and adsl respectively are maximum values often lowering that can help.

Are you wearing a well-known AO and not one that someone put together with high priority animations?

At the very least, try turning off any AO and see if there is any difference.

Most creators use sit scripts which are normally capable of stopping your AO animations.

Since you mentioned furniture with different animations, you aren't talking about those using pose balls? Those likely would depend on you accepting an animation request which you might not be seeing. Normally they would show in the top right corner of your screen. They are easily hidden for some users depending on settings or hiding under other things in the same screen area.

Okay, I'm rereading your OP and answers, and see missing information.

The only reason I threw in the pose ball question is for certain furniture that use a different script to animate than that which handles a sit target, suggesting that you are not seeing permission request to animate. As it is, I think I will ask about something else altogether.

I misread at first, believing others were having no problems with the same furniture, thinking the script errors you said they saw were when YOU sat on their furniture. Now I have to ask, is this same furniture animating ANYONE correctly?

If it is your script creation, you should ask in the scripting forum if you can't get an answer or understand the wording from the wiki. If it is not YOUR creations, you should attempt resetting the scripts. If it is all furniture from the same creator, that is where your questions should be directed. If it is multiple creators whose furniture normally work elsewhere or has before, your region likely needs a restart.

It isn't very easy to pinpoint when some of these details are unknown.

the furniture is not my creation, and its multiple creators / all furniture.

No one else is having issues, I have had many friends sit on the same stuff and nothing, it works just fine with them

for some reason its something with my viewer / viewers, or computer or something is broke or turned off somewhere.

-.- I've gotten so annoyed with it, i literally picked up all furniture in my house.

• 6 years later...
3 hours ago, Kiidahh said:

I am having the exact same issue. THE only difference I have encountered is that I added Gshade yesterday and that is when my sitting animation became nonexistent. 

This is a 6-year-old thread.  You might want to make your own new post to get new information.  Letting people know which viewer you are using may help as well.  What is Gshade? A posing program?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 709 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.