Marketplace Issues?

Rylan Zane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am noticing that for the past about 4-7 days, a large amount (compared to usual) of the orders people are trying to make re failing. Since marketplace no longer uses a magic box or even my own inventory to access items, I'm wondering why there are so many problems lately. This has been hurting my business as a lot of people don't realize their transaction didn't complete all the way, and don't rebuy the item. I'm noticing that this is happening a lot with transactions where people have more than one item in their order (not all items with me). Is anyone else having this issue?

Rylan Zane wrote:

I am noticing that for the past about 4-7 days, a large amount (compared to usual) of the orders people are trying to make re failing. Since marketplace no longer uses a magic box or even my own inventory to access items, I'm wondering why there are so many problems lately. This has been hurting my business as a lot of people don't realize their transaction didn't complete all the way, and don't rebuy the item. I'm noticing that this is happening a lot with transactions where people have more than one item in their order (not all items with me). Is anyone else having this issue?

you mention a large amount, so many problems, lot of people, a lot, more than once.... and than ask if anyone else has it?...

so it's not that large, such lot or many?

I checked and I have several delivery failures over the last few days. Most tried again and were successful, but not all.

In general I have seen a lot more in 2016 than 2015. Several months in 2015 I had only one delivery failure, some none.

Thank you for starting this thread, Rylan.  I'm also seeing the incidence of Delivery Failed and Delivery Partially Failed increase in the past week (or so).  It isn't limited to the Marketplace, it's also happening when trying to purchase items inworld.  There are multiple reports inworld of "cannot create requested inventory" - asset server issues - happened to me yesterday while shopping, and also happened to a customer. So I wonder if the two are related, meaning if the server can't find the item in at the time it is purchased, it can't be delivered and records the transaction as "delivery failed".

same here - delivery failed & delvery partially failed

starting to rack up from march 24th - before seems less of a pattern

luckily mostly my freebies were affected....  

in general, seeing far less purchases than usual - though the failed deliveries dont account for that

maybe people are losing confidence in marketplace?

eta: ALSO failures on demo purchases (also 0L$ transactions) - this is worrying me more now as frequently then people move on to purchasing full item.... grrrr....

I have had this issue as well. When you create the listing it shows up blank. The item is still there, but the initial label is gone when you create it.

Yesterday, as far as the issues go, I only had one failed delivery which is much better than the 3 days leading up to it. Luckily the customer repurchased, but it's been frustrating. Hopefully yesterday was a good omen that it's getting better. The day before (April 2nd) i had many more failed deliveries.

Thanks for posting that link to the JIRA.  I added my comments with stats for failed and partially failed deliveries:

In 2015, I had a total of 5 failed deliveries and 11 partially failed deliveries for the entire year.
In 2016, I've already had 22 failed deliveries: 16 in January, all on Jan 10; 4 in March; 2 in April; and, 19 partially failed deliveries: 13 of which have occurred just since March 27.

• 4 weeks later...

(necro-time .. sowwy .. been busy)

Prior to 31-March, my most recent failure was in 2013. I have very low volume of sales but the one that failed was in a spurt of three purchases. All three were separate orders, each with only one item per purchase, all by the same customer. First succeeded, second failed, third succeeded.

I notice the JIRA has a final comment from Spidey Linden .. and nothing more. Did it magically fix itself or have folks just given up remarking on it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2914 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.