which avatar are mesh and which are regular on your web sign in page?

Stone Sapphire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a friend who wants to join Second Life but upon going to your web sign in page, they are confused by all the different

avatars there.  They don't know which are mesh avatars and which are regular and I confess, after being with SL almost

7 years, I don't know myself.

Can someone help?

3 answers to this question

You can just go ahead and pick any one to start out.

Once you log in, use the Avatars button (top one, left side of the screen, with a symbol of a man and woman on it.)  Click the "People" tab and choose one of the Classic avatars.

Or, alternatively, open Inventory (CTRL+I) and browse to the folder Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits and pick any avatar folder there that does NOT have the word "mesh" in the title.  Drag and drop the folder onto your avatar.

It's not my sign in page.  That's Linden Lab's.  This is a resident-to-resident public forum.:smileywink:

Anyway .... If you are looking at the avatar picker in your viewer, most of the choices you see there are mesh avatars, except for the ones in the tab marked "Classic".  If you open your Library >>> Clothing >>> Initial Outfits folder, you'll see the same selection.  The ones that say (mesh) next to them are mesh avatars.  The others are classical ones.

In case you haven't seen them already, here are a couple of things you may want to read:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Controlling-your-avatar-s-appearance/ta-p/700709

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-Rendering-Complexity/ta-p/2967838

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.