Having a problem..

sqquidy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just started today and I'm having a blast, but a lot of stuff with the appearance is going wrong! I bought a bunch of stuff in the marketplace (mostly kemono things, the body packs work fine). Though I bought a face pack because the face didn't match the body anymore, as well as a skin pack to match. Whenever I try to use either of these items, they show up as something in my hand! What do I do? I'm starting to get a little discouraged

Hi and welcome in SL

Some of the things you purchase, come sometimes boxed. Hence you can't wear them like that, you need first to unbox your items.

For that, you must :

-1 . find a place you are allowed to rezz items on the ground (if you dont own a land, type "sandbox" in the sl search and go in one of them. They are place where people are allowed to rezz stuffs

-- 2. Click on the item in your inventory and while still holding the click, drag and drop to the ground somewhere around you.

-- 3. Right click on the object and select "open",  it will send all the contents in your inventory. Now you can wear the skin you'll have in the new folder

-- 4 Do not forget to clean your box rezzed on the floor after being done. just right click and select "delete". the box will disappear.

have fun :)

thank you so much!! It helped a lot! Now I ran into another problem of trying to fix the mouth.. I can't seem to get rid of the animal mouth.. Not sure what to do! Would I buy a mouth mod or is there a way I can edit it to not look like that? It looks fine with the animal body but it looks super weird with human skin xc

thank you for the initial help it solved basically all of my problems!

it's a bit hard for me to guess what you are meaning here. 

Are you talking about the regular mouth of your default avatar ?

or did you bought some mesh head or mouth ?

or are you wearing some tatoo make up on the face.

Either of them will have a different solution.

So if you can explain me more, or maybe post a pic or a gyazo link, that would be great

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.