Flashing wont load on new laptop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

Ive just brought a new laptop and when i try and load sl I get just a continually flashing screen,  I google'd for some help and im using firestorm phoniex. It said on there website that sometimes windows 10 wont work with 64 bit so i uninstalled and still had the same prob using the 32 bit version.

Here is my system info, i think the graphics is the prob it has a very basic intel set and then a radeon r5 set, there isn't an option like on my old Dell xps15 to choose which graphics to run it with..pls help im missing my sl!!

thank you

intel e core i5 6200 r5 radeon m335 and ive updated the drivers from radeon.

Willing to bet money that this is a graphics/performance issue. Second Life is not ideal for laptops.

Seems like your Radeon chip should give you perhaps 10-20 FPS on standard quality rendering in SL - doesn't look like the worst thing, though Windows 10 complicates things.

Are you sure it's running under Radeon when it's failing to load SL?

No problem.

Am happy to try and help but in my experience, going back and forth before the problem can be understood rarely ends positively. Forums are good for investigating unknown issues, this seems like a fairly known issue that's hard to qualify.

Local experts to you will probably be able to tell you more about what you can expect from your machine and how to tune/improve your Second Life experience directly without lots of confusing demands and instructions. Dell certainly know what they're doing and have pretty reasonable customer support. :)

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.