Best way to find an object with high script

Shhy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What is the best way to find an object that has a high script  What is considered a high script? I have scripted landscape, is there a max number of scripts I should be running on my land?

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

I have been a scripter here for many years and have never heard of a "high script".  Maybe you have been told that you are wearing items (clothing, hair, ... ) that contain a high number of scripts.  Some people get unrealistically paranoid about that.  If you want to humor them, you can find out how many scripts you are wearing and where they are by clicking World >>> About Land >>> General >>> Script Info and looking in the Avatar tab.  There is no maximum or "best" number, although some landowners will tell you that they have a maximum for reasons that they can never explain rationally.

There is no maximum or ideal number of scripts on your land, either.  You will hear that scripts cause lag, but that is only slightly true.  Scripts will lag each other, because they fight for whatever time is left after the region's servers have taken care of higher priority concerns (like monitoring avatars, communication, physics, the environment, ... ).  Unless those other priorities are already so high that they are lagging the region, your scripts will not even affect each other.  You can relax.

Read here about things that will cause problems, however >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-Rendering-Complexity/ta-p/2967838

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.