Is there any active cities that I can rez my car in and drive around?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mainland Roads are great, Look for Route 8, Mainland Santori, also if you can, we have created a new community inworld called FIRST AMERICA SAILING COMMUNITY, and we rent homes and put in full roads conneting to Route 8. Come by and check it out. 

Try the role play forum here. There are cities that let you rez your car IF you are a group member and IF you live there. Most that I know of have those rules. You can rez your car in many Linden areas including right outside of me new shop. Long ways to drive.

Bay City has a lot of roads, one of which extends all the way over to Nova Albion.  There are many roads on the mainland continents, and most of the roads have rezzing areas periodically along them.  See SL wiki Rezzing Zones for a list of rez areas by continent.  Also see SL Wiki Road Network Directory for more details. 

Whether you will find a lot of people when you are there is a different question :-)  It depends on the area and what other activiities might be going on in that particular area.

The Bay City Alliance does host a race of some kind (cars, boats, planes, etc) on Thursday evenings in Bay City, at 7 pm SLT, I think.  They have different routes through Bay City depending on the vehicle type and the host. 

Bay City is you best bet. As noted above - it stretchs to Nova Albion on the east, Bay City Truro on the west, and goes up to Shermerville from Nova Albion. You can reach the Luskwood sims east of Nova Albion as well, but be careful going through the Ahern infohub area as it has 2 southern sims that will shut off your vehicle like a lead weight.

SOUTH of those death-zone sims is actually one of the 'SL Vehicl Test Zones... which I find amazingly funny to see this located in a place nearly impossible to reach by vehicle from the most vehicle friendly region of SL (Bay City).

- You can do it, but it is quite a challeng to find a safe way through those 2 sims that shut vehicles down.

That said, in Bay City itself the rez zones are somewhat concealed. My land in Bay City is one of them (see my picks), and the infohub that is an airport has another behind it and in the airport hanger. Others are scattered around - and there are plenty of Bay City people who can tell you wher to find some.

The region always has some amount of people in it - and many of them are quite friendly. It is also one of the only places left in SL with an active Linden and Mole presence. So if you are about long enough, and get into some of the communities, you might end up meeting a linden or mole or two.

Another place with a lot of roads that at first appear laid out perfectly (layed? laid?... sigh...) is Zindra. BUT beware as the downtown parts of thes roads split in half down the middle across sims, and if you don't drive straight enough you can end up in a nightmare of constant sim crossing. But if you can figure out driving down them - Zindra is the busiest continent in SL, and its roads really do path out well.

Finally, I think its called lionheart... a large estate, I toured last year, that is laid out like a modern city. Many sims full of driving there. Not as big as Bay City if I remember right - but I only went twice and that many months ago. But I remmber it as being ideal for driving and having crowds of people in 3 different clubs the day I went (but not many on the roads, unlike Bay City, or out and about alone or in small groups, like Zindra).

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.