GrimGun 2.4 scripts issue

dk201

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Guys, I am working on customize a GCS weapon recently. I created a gun along with bullet and tried to put default GrimGun 2,4 scripts into it. And here is the issue I have: Everytime i attach this weapon to my avi, an error saying "improper use" will show. And that weapon never works. Since GrimGun 2.4 script is not modifiable, I cannot view it and do debug. Any advice?

No. There's no way that a scripter can guess at random what the error message in someone else's script means. You'll have to find someone who knows how that particular script works.  Maybe someone in a RP group would know.

EDIT:  I see that there is a "Manuel" (!) on line at http://nurisquest.com/GRIM%20COMBAT%20SYSTEM.pdf . You might find your answer in there.

dk201 wrote:

Hello Guys, I am working on customize a GCS weapon recently. I created a gun along with bullet and tried to put default GrimGun 2,4 scripts into it. And here is the issue I have: Everytime i attach this weapon to my avi, an error saying "improper use" will show. And that weapon never works. Since GrimGun 2.4 script is not modifiable, I cannot view it and do debug. Any advice?

Where did you get the script from?  Grimly Darklord does not appear to sell his scripts.

dk201 wrote:

I got that script from a free weapon in GCS sim. Surely the script is not for sale, and I cannot read the code and that's why I cannot debug. >.>

Exactly.

The script is no mod/ no trans because he is protecting his copyright (and hence his income).

If you think you have a cool weapon design you could try asking him if he will collaberate with you on it.

I'm pretty sure I did some Zombie hunting on a SIM that used his system and it was a lot of fun.

If you want to test the theory and this is just for your own use, find a mod-perm object by that creator (e.g., Marketplace lists some cheap, full-perm sculptmap kits, if nothing else) and try stuffing the script in one of those and see what happens. Maybe link it in various configurations with prims you create yourself, and see what's viable. I'd guess that the script checks either root prim or the scripted prim, or possibly both, but not every prim in the linkset. In any case, though, this stuff is all so woefully obsolete that it's hard to get excited about it as anything more than an academic exercise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.