Sign in to follow this  
shelara Mills

Unable to buy Lindens..

Question

Possibly this.

[RESOLVED] Technical Issues with Local PaymentsPosted by Status Desk on March 22nd, 2011 at 11:23 am PDT

[RESOLVED 5:17 PM PDT] All issues with local payments have been resolved at this time.

[postED 11:20 AM PDT]  We are currently working to resolve an issue which causes some residents using Local Payments to have difficulty in updating their account.  Please watch this blog for resolution, and updates to this issue will be made here.

Information on Local Payments can be found here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Local_Payments_FAQ

If still having problems, phone Billing Support. Open 24/7.

Billing Support Phone Numbers

Have billing issues? Give us a call.
Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers Toll-Free (US/Canada) 800.294.1067 Long-Distance 703.286.6277
Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Toll-Free numbers
•France: 0805.101.490
•Germany: 0800.664.5510
•Japan: 0066.33.132.830
•Portugal: 800.814.450
•Spain: 800.300.560
•UK: 0800.048.4646
•Support is in English Only

13 answers to this question

Possibly this.

[RESOLVED] Technical Issues with Local PaymentsPosted by Status Desk on March 22nd, 2011 at 11:23 am PDT

[RESOLVED 5:17 PM PDT] All issues with local payments have been resolved at this time.

[postED 11:20 AM PDT]  We are currently working to resolve an issue which causes some residents using Local Payments to have difficulty in updating their account.  Please watch this blog for resolution, and updates to this issue will be made here.

Information on Local Payments can be found here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Local_Payments_FAQ

If still having problems, phone Billing Support. Open 24/7.

Billing Support Phone Numbers

Have billing issues? Give us a call.
Note that phone support is for billing issues only. If you're having technical issues, please use technical support.

Billing support phone numbers Toll-Free (US/Canada) 800.294.1067 Long-Distance 703.286.6277
Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Local Toll-Free numbers
•France: 0805.101.490
•Germany: 0800.664.5510
•Japan: 0066.33.132.830
•Portugal: 800.814.450
•Spain: 800.300.560
•UK: 0800.048.4646
•Support is in English Only

Hi I have the same problem and my CC is good. This does seem to be a global problem, only affecting residents outside of the US. Have tried again today with no success. The problem has not been fixed, and no clear answers on the wiki site except THIS only affects non new residents living outside the US with current payment info on file !!!!!!. Apart from the revenue that the merchants in world are missing, I have tier to pay in the next few days so will probably lose land if this is not fixed.

Although there is no local toll-free Billing Support number for Australia, you could buy some very cheap Skype credit and phone the long distance US number. It's only 3c (min) AUD and I think your first call is free to a landline with Skype....

• Like 1

Have just successfully brought lindens using the Second LIfe Cashier. So maybe the problem is fixed? I will try using one of my alts and see what happens there.

thank you Katerina and Sahra, i did get Lindens but it was from the web page, i will try in world and see if its fixed for me, good luck to you both, lets hope its fixed for everyone.

Neither of you say which Viewer you are using, if the problem persists & if it is an official LL viewer, I would suggest creating a JIRA if the inworld button is not working correctly - Check first that there is not already a JIRA in progress for the issue.

If it is a 3rd Party Viewer, you would need to report it to on the relevant site for that viewer. I don`t know about all of them, but Phoenix has their own JIRA system on their site.

Hi Peewee and shelara. 

Firstly I am happy you managed  to buy shelara. I think the website is going to be the only option for us living outside of the US to buy lindens from now on. Secondly Peewee I tried using the Phoenix/ viewer 2 version 5/ and Beta viewer2 version 6. With no sucess for several days, until yesterday. So I hope that this has been fixed for all none US residents.-))

Great news Sahra, it looks like LL jumped the gun when they blogged that the issue had been resolved, so yes hopefully all is well now. Until next time lol :D

shelara Mills wrote:

i use Phoenix, and still am unable to get Lindens in world, its so annoying

I would recommend that you join the group "Phoenix Viewer Support" inworld, they are awesome for answering questions in group chat & they will be able to tell you if its a known viewer related problem.