More badge options please

Deltango Vale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First, could we please have SL join dates on our avatars instead of the date we joined the old Jive forum? The Jive date carries zero information; it's useless clutter. SL join date contains much information - and displaying it saves having to log inworld to get someone's join date.

Second, the choice of badges is pretty poor. Could we not have a set of simple badges without all the bells and whistles? Y'know, black text on an uploaded image or white text on an uploaded image - that sort of thing? Oh, and maybe move badges to the Avatar tab where 99% of the human race would expect to find it :smileywink:

Maybe the simplest way to add inworld information would be a link to my.secondlife.com on the profile, since that link can be derived from the Lithium username. That would keep the details private too, for people who chose to hide them with the new preferences.

The badge thing is a little strange. It is really for integration with outside services like Twitter, but those features are not enabled here right now.

• Lindens

I'd like to see more SL-specific features when it comes to badges and other "social" things, too. Better presets make it easier for Residents to get started because it motivates them with beautiful possibilities... instead of being put off by gosh-awfulness. I've already requested being able to overwrite/replace the limited choices of badge overlays, I don't like how mine has these weird blue-gray diagonal bars.

On a related note, wish we had an easier "insert SLurl" as part of the current insert link feature, or as a new toolbar button.

I'd like to see a minimalist option for one new badge, one with the name, title, SL join date, and posts moved to the very top or bottom of the badge, and using a fully transparent overlay instead of a semi-transparent or solid one. I'd probably also trade in half of my 100 photo allowance for a bit larger max file size if I could.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.