Sign in to follow this  
ShrekiePoo

Best Review of this Game :)

Is the gamae fun and is there such thing as griefers? 
No, and there is no such thing as grifers. It is just people playing as intended. In fact, THEY MAKE THE GAME ITNERESTING. If you go to youtube and search: Britbong or Scandinavian Prince, you will see that there is no such thing as griefing. Basically: The hardcore players that invested tons of cash create an ambience of “be one of us. Look like one of us. Speak like one of us. Or get out”. You can see hints of this in this actual guide: ” These avatars are only good for the first couple of steps and are frowned upon by advanced residents.” – LOL I.e. if you do not look like a stripper and have a voice like a 50 year old chain smoker…you will get banned in the worlds you explore. They are clsoed minded and not “open minded” as this article wants you to think. They basically say “open minded” because the game caters to low lives that enjoy pedophelia and beastiality. you can find videos of dog sex in this game, and no, not furry,a ctual realistic looking dogs that can get erections and human women models that perfrom sex acts, or male, or whatever….

I am fine with the freedom this game has in sexual orientation. I find it creative…but their banning and crying about “griefing” is over the top. It is actually THE FUN part of this game as it basically puts the mirror in front of these people, and they don’t like what they see, so they freak out and try and ban you. And I am talking about REAL “griefers”, not to be confused with people that just insult (hate speech), which, interestingly, is what each of these players results too when they get exposed…Watch the videos..It is worth it :p

"Ah, I will never understand some of these people in SL.  I have been playing off and on for over 6 years and have met so many derps like these people.  I had a dude a few weeks back (obvious troll) come into the club I was DJing at with his peener hanging out playing a saxophone.  It had me in tears I was laughing so hard.  The GM, however, did not find it amusing at all and banned him from land.  Had to IM him just to say thank you for breaking up the monotony.  I think it is those that take SL too seriously that end up like these people.  SL can be fun when you just derp around on it."

You obviously have a bright future in marketing ahead of you young Lady but best to wait until you turn 12 I think.

Some of those videos are very funny, but quite sad too, in a way - it's clear that some of the people overreacting are victims of severe mental illness.

LL pretty much decided that 'Your world, your imagination' meant 'Buy land and follow the crowd' around five years ago, and has been sucking the fun out of the game ever since.

Those videos are usually staged. Griefers are real. Someone that comes into a sim and starts spamming hate speech or fills the sim up with replicating prims just to disrupt other's play are griefing. 

https://gyazo.com/b0d642f5c030f034a08a2c0b9dfa8828 or https://gyazo.com/66e4c23473a41404ef2c9b71d4f4db08  That latter was all over one sim and the neighboring sims.

That's not funny. That's a griefer. I've also seen a sim totally blocked by a prim the size of a sim that goes up 300 or more meters. So no griefers, that's bull.

My definition of a griefer is someone who decides for me what my experience of the world will be. The best news is .. I have this great red X to escape idiots like that. *holds up a mirror to griefers* Enjoy your own experience, and I'll enjoy mine. Thanks.

I've seen those prim bombs, and then particle or glow bombs, many times. Sometimes they even last enough to get marked on the map and be visible for a day or so after.

So yeah...

That's fine when its staged on somebody's private location.

But as you note it is griefing in places like in your screenshot - because it can crash people out of SL, on some older systems some of these effects have been claimed to be able to burn out graphics cards. And sometimes it is just hate speech:

https://my.secondlife.com/pussycat.catnap/snapshots/57030453e85cda4560000001

- That is actually illegal in many places SL is used.

I don't mind the OP's example of the naked guy with a sax coming into a venue. Though if the venue was G-rated then that IS a TOS violation (and OP, do consider that a G-rated venue is one real-life children can visit).

But there are other examples right in the OP's post that would qualify as griefing.

And yes - most of those youtube videos are staged for effect.