For sale to me

CoyoteJax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, in About Land. If someone put a parcel up for sale to me in my name how would I know? Or would I? I have placed parcels for sale to people in their name and they have responded rather quickly to buy that parcel and I was wondering how they did that? And no, I did not send them an IM or any other type of message.

Well there used to be "land bots" that monitored the grid and bought up any land set at a low price. This is quite awhile ago when land was much more of a commodity. It caused isses as the bots bought things instantaneiously and sometimes there were errors OR the land was supposed to be sold to an alt for example at almost no money and the person setting the land forgot to put in the name -- etc.

So reasonably that same scripting (I am NOT  a script person so no guarantees) could be adjusted to look for land ste to sale to someone. This only seems like it would be of use to someone that buys a LOT of land :D.

That's all "I" know.

CoyoteJax wrote:

Yes, in About Land. If someone put a parcel up for sale to me in my name how would I know? Or would I? I have placed parcels for sale to people in their name and they have responded rather quickly to buy that parcel and I was wondering how they did that? And no, I did not send them an IM or any other type of message.

I'm confused. Are you saying you put land for sale to people in their name when they weren't expecting it? Or had you already had discussions ongoing with them and knew they were interested?  

They said, also in their profile, if you want to sell your land to me put it in my name and at 0.3 L$ a meter, for example. So without IMing them or sending them an LM, you put it in their name and then poof, when they log in, and come and buy it. And my question is, how is that possible? Cause I want to do it too.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2927 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.