My head a different shade than Maitreya Body

KiDeBreezes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK,,, Well, I bought Maitreya and a Danika design skin along with the applier to apply the skin to the mesh body... I put on the mesh body, added the skin as doirected AND used the danika hud to match the skin tone. All went well BUT my head is a much lighter shade.I looks like the orginal skin tone . This is a new avi, just a few days old.

Any ideas on how I can get the head to match the rest of the body skin tone?

Are you wearing a mesh head or you are still on system head with that Danika skin? Have you tried changing the neck size *in your maitreya Lara hud? I started wearing Lara with my old Redgrave skin on a system head avatar that i manually blend the preset skin tone of Lara to my redgrave skin since my skin doesnt have applier for Lara but i managed the blending but not perfect Also, the neck size on Lara's hud made the neck a bit more seemless . Now i am wearing a Lelutka head with the Lara body applied with Itgirls skin on both head and body and they look seemless but again not perfect specially when you micro zoom the neck part but still decent and unnoticable at all.

I started this avi 3 days ago. I chose one of the Classic avi's which I assume is a mesh one that L.L. offered for new accounts.

Danikas design has an applier for their Skins to use with maitreya which I bought and applied as directed.The danika skin is working as it should on the body, hands and feet but for whatever reason I still have the orginal Skin Teexture on the head of the avi I started the account with.

My older avi (3 Years old) has all the same, Danika and Maitreya and I had no problems with the skin tone covering everything. This one has me perplexed ....

I,m making this avi to give to a friend that cannot afford anything more than a basic avi.I,m planning to spend at least 15K to fully set it up .

I thought that maybe I should take off the maitreya and the danika skin and start the basic avi over with the OLDER TYPE avi that they had before the MESH ones but I can't figure out how I go about that

Always start with a default avi, like one of the new starter avis. The "mesh" bodies that LL offered as starter avis for a while are, to say the least, pieces of crap. You can't change the skin on them and finding mesh clothing to fit is problimatical. If you have on a basic default avi, like one of the new starters, you wear the skin then apply the skin texture to the Maitreya body you've purchased. They should match at that point. 

KiDeBreezes wrote:

I started this avi 3 days ago. I chose one of the Classic avi's which I assume is a mesh one that L.L. offered for new accounts.

Danikas design has an applier for their Skins to use with maitreya which I bought and applied as directed.The danika skin is working as it should on the body, hands and feet but for whatever reason I still have the orginal Skin Teexture on the head of the avi I started the account with.

My older avi (3 Years old) has all the same, Danika and Maitreya and I had no problems with the skin tone covering everything. This one has me perplexed ....

I,m making this avi to give to a friend that cannot afford anything more than a basic avi.I,m planning to spend at least 15K to fully set it up .

I thought that maybe I should take off the maitreya and the danika skin and start the basic avi over with the OLDER TYPE avi that they had before the MESH ones but I can't figure out how I go about that

You might want to remove the bold part of your post as it is completely against the ToS to do this.

In answer to your question, do you have the starter mesh head on still? You will have to remove that first.

JamieThunder wrote:

Not neccessarily .....You can noify L.L.'s and upon verifying they will allow it. If you had read the whole heading under transfer accounts, the Very last sentance states " Without PRIOR wriiten consent from linden labs.

I know what the ToS states, I ahev actually read it several times in the 8 years i have been in SL. She stated she wants to give this av to someone else. Yes with prior written consent from LL you can do this, she didn't say anything about getting that. So in that instance it IS against the ToS.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.