save window in QAvimator

Zook Demen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering, has anyone else had probs saving files in QAvimator?  Each time i've tried saving a file, the save box was completely frozen.  Nothing worked except that i could write a file name.  Esc didn't even work to cancel the operation.  The only way to remove it from the screen has been to force quit QAvimator.  Corrupt .dmg?  something else i'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance

The save box was completely frozen from the second it was opened.  Nothing worked except that i could write a file name.  Esc didn't even work to cancel the operation.  The only way to remove it from the screen has been to force quit QAvimator. 

Should have said in the original post, in the first words, that yes i tried saving as a .bvh.  Sorry about that.  This is not the issue.

understand you're on a Mac.  My building partner and I have used both Windows and Mac OS X  systems and we've both been able to use Qaviamtor.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Qavimator? 

Edited to add:  Try uninstalling what you have.  Then download and install this: 

Mac:http://referencethis.com/QAvimator-osx-universal-svn-2008-12-06.zip

(Post back here and let me know if it worked  : )

Actually yes i did try that which led us to my other post.  Since there were no uninstall instructions obvious for QA, i did the standard drag to the trash, then reinstalled from the same .dmg in the downloads folder.  Same thing.  

Thanks, Celestiall, The app installed fine.  Will try a pose and see what happens.  How did you find this source zip?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hi Celestiall, 

I have installed the zip and it works while I am making the anim in my computer, though when I try to upload it to second life, ( tried 3 different viewers, the last second life official, exodus viewer and firestorm, last version too) it doesn't work, it says something like (I'm translating from spanish) fail or error at iniciating the movement. Have you had the same error?  Do you know how to fix it? 

thank you for reading. 

<3

Piedra

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! In case this hasn't been resolved, just wanted to let you know that with the Mac version, you need to run it on a PowerPC model. I tried Qavimator on my new laptop (intel based) and I also got the frozen 'save.'  On my old PowerPC based laptop, it saves properly. It actually says on the Qav website that it's for PowerPC.

That said, I can create poses and save, but I have no format options. It only saves as an "avm" which SL won't take. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pinch 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.